Pricing The Golden Pan

Vince

well. the trade went through, $5500 cash was given for it.

as we all know another gold pan will be found soon (and/or it will be sharked). 

I think because of its high value, we should treat the gold pan as an unusual (ie 2 sales to price etc)

As we do not know how often these drop, itll probably be very hard to get a handfull of sales. thats why i think we should treat it as an unusual. 

post your ideas/thoughts below

As there was a game wide announcement (the exact same thing happened with the Engineer Update), I think these might be limited @ 100, as with the Golden Wrench.

As there was a game wide announcement (the exact same thing happened with the Engineer Update), I think these might be limited @ 100, as with the Golden Wrench.

except the golden wrench also isn't tradeable/giftable. So....thats not a great comparison. 

I posted my opinion on the suggestion. I think it should be handled like unusuals suggestions with two sales before setting its price. First trades on new items are frequently outliers. I think we try to price based on what the community as a whole values an item at - not a single buyer. 

When the offers go from 1000-->1500-->2000-->2500-->5500, 5500 seems like an outlier. But no way to tell without another sale

Why the f**k would valve limit these? Will all gold weapons be limited?

Why the f**k would valve limit these? Will all gold weapons be limited?

Because it's a Golden Pan. The demand for it is insane + it's the only Gold Wep that triggers a game wide announcement. It's also "Golden", all the others are "Australium" and appear to have the same drop rate as Gold Botkillers.

edit: Number 2 just dropped

also

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Golden_Wrench

Imbued with an ancient power

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198021893602/inventory#440_2_2113935289

Imbued with an ancient power

Just so you know, AnaidonSoul has said that he's not going to sell his Pan, so the $5500 price tag might hold on for a while, at least until a new one is found.

Hi, just wanted to clear up a few things.

While the price accepted was my offer of $5,500 - the reason why I offered so high was because I was competing with offers just piercing the $5000 mark, if not more.
If you check the trade, right before my offer, there was a trader by the name of (at the time) "Quest for Golden Pan" offering $2000, a HOUWAR and two collections and more.

Before that, a few other traders offered some unusuals, one notable being Neymar (who later retracted his offer) but it was definately around or above mine.
Below my offer was some offers like a 4500 Euro offer (whether it was legitamate or not is a different story, but he seemed set on it). As well as that, someone offered 8-9K in unusuals, but I can make the assumption was turned down.

As far as I am aware, these offers are still present on the closed trade and viewable for clarification. I just wanted to help explain why my offer was so high, and why there was such a leap in price from Matties $2000 to my $5500.

'' Dr.Cocunut has just received a Golden Frying Pan''

So now there are 3?

Was playing MvM when I suddenly got that msg :P

That was #4, learn to count :(

'' Dr.Cocunut has just received a Golden Frying Pan''

So now there are 3?

Was playing MvM when I suddenly got that msg :P

His is for sale as well I thought but I am not seeing it now.

Archived