Scamming in the Steam Community. Will it end? How can we help?

λngelღмander

Just lock items after trade into new owners backpack for 14 days, and give people the ability to reverse trade once a year within the first 7 days, i know their would be the fear of canceling trades just cos it was bad deal but doing that every time would't be viable as it would be limited to once a year, this would be best against scammers / sharks, many might hate this but i think the advantages outweight the potential new issues tbh, another option would also be if a trade is canceled reversed items become untradeable regardless for 30 days.

Anyway just idea  don't roast me for it #MakeTradingGreatAgain

Just lock items after trade into new owners backpack for 14 days, and give people the ability to reverse trade once a year within the first 7 days, i know their would be the fear of canceling trades just cos it was bad deal but doing that every time would't be viable as it would be limited to once a year, this would be best against scammers / sharks, many might hate this but i think the advantages outweight the potential new issues tbh, another option would also be if a trade is canceled reversed items become untradeable regardless for 30 days.

Anyway just idea  don't roast me for it #MakeTradingGreatAgain

This is an absolutely horrible idea as it gives buyers way to much power and is one of the reasons why many many problems with paypal exists. You're under the assumption that people are honest and it's to "protect items" the fact is that when ever any institution starts giving people the power to "reverse purchases"you end up fucking up with so many more problems, sellers start getting paranoid, buyers start screwing over honest sellers...etc

Fact is they are your items and hence your responsibility to "take care of it" there is so much you can do until you start implementing too many fail safes that it will actively start destroying the trading scene.