Why is Aces High regarded as a bad effect?

Semis

It's fucking ugly, that's why

(When I read that post I knew you're owning an aces high unusual. You'll never get 34 keys for that, believe me)

3rd Gen

orbiting effect

common af

not that noticeable

people would rather have a hat that's bursting into flames

Most of the liked/disliked effects are stupidly ordered anyway. There's great ones everyone hates and bad ones everyone loves. The most simple answer most likely comes down to sheep/pack mentality. The popular effects became what they are because of traders and the people that can't think for themselves don't want to have a hat or effect that isn't considered popular.

If you love aces high, get it and screw everyone else.

I personally love burning even though these days everyone is obsessed with scorching and think burning is one of the nicest along with haunted ghosts, flies and sunbeams.

Something which nobody has addressed here is that the effect also glitches out badly, orbiting way further from the head than it should. I personally dont mind it, but the vast majority see it as a cancer third gen, and the prices reflect this.

It's fucking ugly, that's why

(When I read that post I knew you're owning an aces high unusual. You'll never get 34 keys for that, believe me)

Challenge accepted  :P

Most of the liked/disliked effects are stupidly ordered anyway. There's great ones everyone hates and bad ones everyone loves. The most simple answer most likely comes down to sheep/pack mentality. The popular effects became what they are because of traders and the people that can't think for themselves don't want to have a hat or effect that isn't considered popular.

If you love aces high, get it and screw everyone else.

I personally love burning even though these days everyone is obsessed with scorching and think burning is one of the nicest along with haunted ghosts, flies and sunbeams.

Unfortunately what you said is true. Most effects are priced on rarity and demand rather than aesthetics, but it's not surprising to be fairly honest. It's how all economies work after all.

Unfortunately what you said is true. Most effects are priced on rarity and demand rather than aesthetics, but it's not surprising to be fairly honest.

They are based on aesthetics though.  I guess there is a measure of personal preference here, but can you really argue that Green Energy looks worse than Miami?  Does KWatt look just as good as beams?  Does anything look as good as burning (there is a very good reason why burning is the highest effect and it's not a conspiracy.  It's  a very high quality effect from an animation perspective.  Perhaps more importantly, the way that scorching and burning trail your movements....no other effect does it quite like those two, this is why they are considered to be the highest).  

Not really. They are priced on demand, which comes from aesthetics - Burning/Scorching/Energies/Beams are looking really awesome and are highly visible. That's why they are god tier. 

Fetti effects are not really visible, and are ~2ndgen pricing (except in some exceptions). I don't know any effect that's highly priced just because it's rare.

One thing that I agree is Disco Beat Down, which is pretty cheap on some hats, even tho it's kinda visible and not too bad looking. On the other hand: It doen't look good either.

I agree that some effects (like Disco Beat Down) would be more expensive if they were 1st gens. A lot of people goes for the rule "Only taking 1st gens!"

They are based on aesthetics though.  I guess there is a measure of personal preference here, but can you really argue that Green Energy looks worse than Miami?  Does KWatt look just as good as beams?  Does anything look as good as burning (there is a very good reason why burning is the highest effect and it's not a conspiracy.  It's  a very high quality effect from an animation perspective.  Perhaps more importantly, the way that scorching and burning trail your movements....no other effect does it quite like those two, this is why they are considered to be the highest).  

It all depends on the person's view and opinion of effects, whether what looks good and what doesn't. I did ask for opinions and I got people's opinions (which I thank everyone for replying :D ).

But you know, democracy and all that change the views on effects. Like Haruhi Suzumiya said earlier: "The most simple answer most likely comes down to sheep/pack mentality."

IMO I think Miami looks better than G.Energy, but that's me. I like the cool rays of purple, blue and yellow that move about. Green energy's a bit boring. Still looks nice but I prefer Miami over it. :wacko:

Not really. They are priced on demand, which comes from aesthetics - Burning/Scorching/Energies/Beams are looking really awesome and are highly visible. That's why they are god tier. 

Fetti effects are not really visible, and are ~2ndgen pricing (except in some exceptions). I don't know any effect that's highly priced just because it's rare.

One thing that I agree is Disco Beat Down, which is pretty cheap on some hats, even tho it's kinda visible and not too bad looking. On the other hand: It doen't look good either.

I agree that some effects (like Disco Beat Down) would be more expensive if they were 1st gens. A lot of people goes for the rule "Only taking 1st gens!"

DBD hats are easy sales.  However, I think that is due to the value proposition:  out of all "cheap effects" (SS, Blizz, Miami, etc.), it is by far the best looking and it's inexpensive.  But we saw what happens when people try to sell DBD at energy tier prices.....they don't sell.  

AH is a really nice effect and 99% of people are dumb and have no appreciation for art, so here's that.

I guess I should include include /s for those 99%.

DBD hats are easy sales.  However, I think that is due to the value proposition:  out of all "cheap effects" (SS, Blizz, Miami, etc.), it is by far the best looking and it's inexpensive.  But we saw what happens when people try to sell DBD at energy tier prices.....they don't sell.  

And still - DBD is a good effect for the money. Not more, not less. It's not underpriced or anything. 

IMO I think Miami looks better than G.Energy, but that's me. I like the cool rays of purple, blue and yellow that move about. Green energy's a bit boring. Still looks nice but I prefer Miami over it. :wacko:

Well good for you, e.g. a MN Tossle is only 1/3 the price of a GE tossle. But you are pretty alone with that opinion, believe me. 

And MN is still better looking than aces, which is - as I stated earlier, sorry about insulting your unusual - just terrible and boring and not kewl.

AH is a really nice effect and 99% of people are dumb and have no appreciation for art, so here's that.

I'm not sure if you're trolling/shitposting or owning an AH hat you're desperately trying to sell... or both

Depends on the hat mostly, personally i think a aces high war pig is a good aces high hat

but war pig=soldier class=yuck=terrible hat

I'm not sure if you're trolling/shitposting or owning an AH hat you're desperately trying to sell... or both

I pretend you can't read for the first part of your comment. For the second part, if I'd owned a hat with the effect I'd jsut said to be a nice one, I wouldn't have tried to sell it in the first place now, would I? If you state the opposite, you either do not know what logic is and how to use it or you publicly challenge my integrity. Make your choice.

Well good for you, e.g. a MN Tossle is only 1/3 the price of a GE tossle. But you are pretty alone with that opinion, believe me. 

And MN is still better looking than aces, which is - as I stated earlier, sorry about insulting your unusual - just terrible and boring and not kewl.

http://imgur.com/tWn0tqT

I pretend you can't read for the first part of your comment. For the second part, if I'd owned a hat with the effect I'd jsut said to be a nice one, I wouldn't have tried to sell it in the first place now, would I? If you state the opposite, you either do not know what logic is and how to use it or you publicly challenge my integrity. Make your choice.

sorry, but I didn't get what you were trying to say. Maybe I'm really challenging your integrity now m8. :)

Archived