Dr's Dapper Topper going all class

『Literally Me』

Welp, I'm screwed, just sold mines because I wanted to get a higher tier Unusual Dr's Dapper Topper, and now I'm sitting with 81 keys, and everyone only selling the hat for no more than 100+ keys. Should I just move on to another Soldier hat that I pray to GOD doesn't go all class, or should I still continue on this ride?

It's my first time on the forums, please don't fucking maim me for doing something stupid.

Anything higher than the Aces High I had before I traded it so I can get more keys to make getting a higher tier effect possible.

Edit: Seen a Burning Dr's Dapper Topper being put on sale for above 300 keys.

Probably best to move on. Since the "All-class hype" leaked out, it was obvious that everyone with an unusual one was going to try and sell it for a dreadful price. What's done is done.

RIP Aces High Dr. Dapper Topper, you were real good son, maybe even the best.

With 81 keys you can get Haunted Ghosts right now.  Big step up from Aces High.

http://backpack.tf/classifieds?item=Dr%27s+Dapper+Topper&tradable=1&craftable=1&australium=-1&page=7

Of course, if I were you, I'd simply move onto another hat.  Even at 81 keys that hat is ridiculously overpriced.  It's not all-class yet and it wouldn't be the first time that a hat that was supposed to turn all-class did not.  

Lesson learned either way here, guy who brought it is now selling it for double the value it was at. Never take your hats for granted, cherish your items, because the hype will overcome you and when the dust is cleared, you lost it all. This kingdom of dirt I sit upon now, I'm truly saddened by what I done.

If nothing comes up, I'm moving on to the next level. RIP "The Cat's Trick Hat"

Lesson learned either way here, guy who brought it is now selling it for double the value it was at. Never take your hats for granted, cherish your items, because the hype will overcome you and when the dust is cleared, you lost it all. This kingdom of dirt I sit upon now, I'm truly saddened by what I done.

Selling ≠ going to sell

He won't sell that for 160 keys LOL

Posted · Hidden by Teeny Tiny Cat, May 28, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Teeny Tiny Cat, May 28, 2016 - No reason given

Mod pls remove accidental double post

So wait a second here.  You sold the hat - an Aces Dr. Dapper - for 81 keys?  

No no no, I sold it for 17 keys, I was selling it for the price Backpack.tf suggested for it.

Also, I bring good news. I found someone selling one of the Unusual Dappers on the market, and I offered about 60 keys for a Disco Beat Down Dr's Dapper Topper w/ Team Spirit, life is good again, and I jumped a tier. That was purely out of luck. But ultimately if it doesn't go All Class by the skin of everyone's teeth, well, I hope he enjoy the 60 keys.

Also, I bring good news. I found someone selling one of the Unusual Dappers on the market, and I offered about 60 keys for a Disco Beat Down Dr's Dapper Topper w/ Team Spirit, life is good again, and I jumped a tier. That was purely out of luck. But ultimately if it doesn't go All Class by the skin of everyone's teeth, well, I hope he enjoy the 60 keys.

You could've got a way more solid first gen for 20 more keys but you decided to get a THIRD gen? 

You could have gotten a decent actual all class hat instead of wasting time with the speculated Dapper Topper

Dappers isn't going all-class. The "update" to the hat was uploaded as a separate workshop submission (valve only accepts updates to the original submission) and it uses the model of the hat from when it was still being developed. Just wait for the hype to die off.

Dappers isn't going all-class. The "update" to the hat was uploaded as a separate workshop submission (valve only accepts updates to the original submission) and it uses the model of the hat from when it was still being developed. Just wait for the hype to die off.

Anyone else can confirm this? If so major lol to all those people buying them to re-sell xD SnS again?

It's kind of ironic....you came on here lamenting the fact that you traded away your aces dapper.  You regret the decision having traded it for 17 keys.  The very same day, you spend 60 keys on a DBD Dapper (objective opinion alert: it wouldn't be worth that much even if it was all-class).   So there were two decision made in one day in regard to dappers: selling the aces dapper for 17 keys pure and buying the DBD dapper for 60 keys pure.  You are right in regretting one of those decisions, but unfortunately, selling the dapper for 17 keys pure wasn't actually the worst decision made that day.  

KKK we get it everything is going all class, people are selling their poo for 1000 times the BP price and later the creator announced that is not going all class, people will blame the creator even though is their fault.

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!!!

You gonna regret this decision so much.

It's kind of ironic....you came on here lamenting the fact that you traded away your aces dapper.  You regret the decision having traded it for 17 keys.  The very same day, you spend 60 keys on a DBD Dapper (objective opinion alert: it wouldn't be worth that much even if it was all-class).   So there were two decision made in one day in regard to dappers: selling the aces dapper for 17 keys pure and buying the DBD dapper for 60 keys pure.  You are right in regretting one of those decisions, but unfortunately, selling the dapper for 17 keys pure wasn't actually the worst decision made that day.  

Looking back on that, I may regret that later on, but it'll be the cause of lesson learned, and if it's a creditable rumor, it is still a rumor. But I digress, I'm currently on the hunt for other things now, and Disco Beat Down isn't that terrible now, I personally like the effect, better than Aces High, which disappears at random because Valve loves to make sure unusuals don't get buggy.

60 keys for a disco Dapper is insane, even as an all-class I would not offer that. Anyway as long as you love the hat and use it, it's okay :)

Archived