Pinned Price Suggestion Comment Suggestion!

a peanut

Idea in a nutshell: "Maybe allow only the 1st post to be edited ad nauseam, so as to prevent shenanigans?" 

I was curious on the thoughts of allowing the suggester to continuously edit their comment regardless of how long ago they made the suggestion.

This would allow for additional proof to be added with ease, and keep it from getting lost in the comments. My example would be my latest suggestion: Strange Construction PDA.  With a new item like this there are very limited amounts of proof to be found immediately, but there is proof to be found alter on, so there had to be additions comments made showing proof.  

I'm well aware that all proof should be found prior to the suggestion, but sometimes more can, and usually is, found after the time to edit the pinned comment has expired.

Let me know what you think, thanks!

Maybe allow only the 1st post to be edited ad nauseam, so as to prevent shenanigans?

Sorry ~Shenanigans, we love you :3

Maybe allow only the 1st post to be edited ad nauseam, so as to prevent shenanigans?

Sorry ~Shenanigans, we love you :3

That is what I meant, sorry if that wasn't clear enough.

That is what I meant, sorry if that wasn't clear enough.

Well here you can edit the first post to make it clearer.

Also, I approve.

Well here you can edit the first post to make it clearer.

Also, I approve.

See how much this would help everyone! hehe

I think the current system of adding additional comments/replying to other comments is a much better idea--it creates some sense of progression and accountability. It might be helpful in some ways, but it doesn't really provide anything over the current system, and the convenience is not worth the potential abuse.

I'mma have to say "no."

I think the current system of adding additional comments/replying to other comments is a much better idea--it creates some sense of progression and accountability. It might be helpful in some ways, but it doesn't really provide anything over the current system, and the convenience is not worth the potential abuse.

I'mma have to say "no."

Well, no, see comments can already be edited within a one hour period. It's not changing much beyond that opening comment, and that comment can still be replied to. It provides the ability to add additional proof, respond to common ideas, and much more, while not really being that abusable since it's a single comment.

I'mma have to say "no."

I understand what you are saying, but here is where the suggestion stems from: here. Specifically referring to Chief's Comment.  Having a lot of proof thrown around can lead to people missing certain proof that may be crucial for or against a suggestion.

Let me know what you think about it, if you're still no, then let me take you to dinner and movie to at least pay you off.

I understand what you are saying, but here is where the suggestion stems from: here. Specifically referring to Chief's Comment.  Having a lot of proof thrown around can lead to people missing certain proof that may be crucial for or against a suggestion.

Let me know what you think about it, if you're still no, then let me take you to dinner and movie to at least pay you off.

I see the problem, but an hour is already way more than enough time to arrange your proof. I don't see why you'd need so much extra time, and changing the first comment constantly could be just as disorienting to voters

Archived