Add a banking/storage section

[Unactive Account]

No its not like Scrap.TF's scrapbanking. 

It would be like a bank itself. You would place items in for storage and then take them out for later use when you need it. You could add a fee to it too for how long you keep your items in for but I would prefer for it to be free :)

If it can't work for Backpack.tf it would be a good idea for a separate site

No its not like Scrap.TF's scrapbanking. 

It would be like a bank itself. You would place items in for storage and then take them out for later use when you need it. You could add a fee to it too for how long you keep your items in for but I would prefer for it to be free :)

If it can't work for Backpack.tf it would be a good idea for a separate site

Are you aware how unfeasible this would be? If it were actually to be used you would needs hundreds of bots to store other people's items.

Then if you want to charge for it you need a audience who would be willing to pay for this -- which there isn't as you could create a new Steam account for <<$1.

Then you have to convince people it's a good idea to give their items to bot - where you are putting faith in someone else to not fuck up rather than yourself - which is stupid as you lose access to your items while you have them elsewhere.

And then if you want it for free you have to understand how much it would cost them to make enough Steam accounts - it costs ~$18,50 steam wallet per maxed out storage account. Now think about how you would need at least 1 account per 4 people using it because let's face it, why would anyone store items on a storage account except for if their backpack can't fit them all. I can't see anyone storing less than 500 items on a storage account.

Interesting idea, I guess in this case it's only up to the staff to decide.  It doesn't feel very backpack.tf-y, but then again they're always trying to expand their site to new elements of trading (like classifieds).

well to help limit the amount of bots needed. there could be a item limit. 

Hi to help you with your problem of hitting the 2000 item limit we are now giving you the once in a lifetime opportunity to store TWO! items on our bots!

Most of what Debra said, really.

Several months ago, I took up the idea (having a service where people can deposit items into the bots and withdraw them out, providing additional space) , however, soon learnt that it isn't exactly a 'million dollar idea heck' of a service by itself. It really isn't something to start off with. More of an idea that is meant to be involved with another.

WCEUM5h.jpg?1

Yes, it could be pulled of with some advertising as well as integrating it possibly with other features, such as an automated trading platform similar to crummy Trade.tf but actually automated like Bazaar.tf's Buy Now service. However, this idea as a standalone is not economically-sustainable as it costs a heck of a lot of money for servers, cloud services, bots (Steam activation and upgrading to Steam premium) and their backpack space, wait for bots as well as thought as to how funding can be achieved (possibly through a donation-and-perk system). In addition, this service only has the potential to be aimed at the 'rich' people of TF2 if it was just a mere standalone idea, as it doesn't help with trading in any sort of way.

Variations with this idea such as a CSGO version may be somewhat successful and will cost less (as CSGO backpack space is 1,000 slots for all), however, its  audience grab will fall short due to the large number of gambling sites nowadays.

It's not plausible for a single developer to do the abundance of roles required as well. A team of developers, analysts as well as financial backers are required, unless you're Geel and have the absolute money for a couple dozen bots for every week. Anyhow, this post was just a warning / informing but to any developers who may take this project up, good luck. You'll need it.

I think this "banking" idea will be good for scammers  :mellow: They can dump scammed items and get them back when needed. So its not really smart to do.

Really unless it is a trading bot there is really no point since anyone who has enough items that they need extra storage would be far better off getting a backpack expander (if they haven't maxed out their backpack size) or just use an alt.

Creating another steam account is more feasible, and it's mostly cost-free (unless you wanna store more than 50 items). Giving them to a friend you trust is good alternative, I've done that multiple times when I was still a f2p.

And think of the time and effort devs will have to waste just for a feature that will probably not be even used that much. 

I think this "banking" idea will be good for scammers  :mellow: They can dump scammed items and get them back when needed. So its not really smart to do.

If this feature were ever to be implemented (which I highly doubt), I'm pretty sure scammers would be banned from using it.

Archived