PSA: Well-Rounded Rifleman Updated to be All-Class

Opal

While I can't say this for sure in regards any other items, I just wanted to quickly point out to anybody who doesn't know that the Well-Rounded Rifleman for Sniper was just updated to be an all-class cosmetic. Anybody who has an Unusual version of it (Such as myself) should rejoice.

Image for reference

tumblr_o72excNzC31uzbgqdo1_1280.png

Someone please lock this down it doesn't even matter since it showed in the notes and most people knew it went all class no point of this

is this thread only to boast to the entire forums that you have a now all class hat?

Patch notes already stated the change really clearly. please lock this useless thread.

Someone plea,se lock this down it doesn't even matter since it showed in the notes and most people knew it went all class no point of this

It doesn't showed in the official notes at all. "Updated materials" doesn't mean all class.

For those who don't look at the wiki for changes:

Undocumented changes

• Updated the Salty Dog, Well-Rounded Rifleman, Federal Casemaker and Universal Translator so they can be equipped by all classes.
  • Updated the Sub-Zero Suit so it can be equipped by the Demoman.
  • Added Styles to the Salty Dog.

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/May_11,_2016_Patch

It doesn't showed in the official notes at all. "Updated materials" doesn't mean all class.

For those who don't look at the wiki for changes:

Undocumented changes

• Updated the Salty Dog, Well-Rounded Rifleman, Federal Casemaker and Universal Translator so they can be equipped by all classes.
  • Updated the Sub-Zero Suit so it can be equipped by the Demoman.
  • Added Styles to the Salty Dog.

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/May_11,_2016_Patch

Ah they changed it that fast because when the update came out for me it showed the notes for me

incredibly stupid from Valve, I guess they would accept anything to make more money. Can't wait for the BUckaroos to be all-class, and why not the geezer, and the mongolian ect ect

What I find strange is that the Well Rounded Rifleman has the word 'rifle' in it, suggesting that it's for the sniper. Yet, it was still made into an all class. It's like having the Western Wear becoming all-class, even though it's specifically for the engineer.

What I find strange is that the Well Rounded Rifleman has the word 'rifle' in it, suggesting that it's for the sniper. Yet, it was still made into an all class. It's like having the Western Wear becoming all-class, even though it's specifically for the engineer.

I just had that exact same thought literally 2 minutes ago.  The only character who has a rifle is the sniper.  Thus, the well rounded rifleman fits perfectly on sniper, but not so well on virtually every other class.  It's just as dumb as the safe'n'sound becoming all class.  You can just look at that hat and immediately know it's for engie.  Who wears ear muffs to cancel out loud sounds?  Engineers.  Who doesn't wear them?  Everyone else.  

It seems like there is no editorial process here whatsoever.  As long as you update the models and submit, it'll become all-class, no matter if it makes sense or not.   Hot Dogger?  "Hey, the hat already looks retarded on scout, but at least it fits his character.  You know what would be even better?  The medic with a shitty looking hat with a hot dog on top.  Cause that makes perfect sense." 

I don't have a problem with the occasional equip region or class update.  But if every month you're getting several more all-class hats that used to be single class (when we already had ~50 multi class hat to begin with), it seems like total overkill.   

I just had that exact same thought literally 2 minutes ago.  The only character who has a rifle is the sniper.  Thus, the well rounded rifleman fits perfectly on sniper, but not so well on virtually every other class.  It's just as dumb as the safe'n'sound becoming all class.  You can just look at that hat and immediately know it's for engie.  Who wears ear muffs to cancel out loud sounds?  Engineers.  Who doesn't wear them?  Everyone else.  

It seems like there is no editorial process here whatsoever.  As long as you update the models and submit, it'll become all-class, no matter if it makes sense or not.   Hot Dogger?  "Hey, the hat already looks retarded on scout, but at least it fits his character.  You know what would be even better?  The medic with a shitty looking hat with a hot dog on top.  Cause that makes perfect sense." 

I don't have a problem with the occasional equip region or class update.  But if every month you're getting several more all-class hats that used to be single class (when we already had ~50 multi class hat to begin with), it seems like total overkill.   

If I recall correctly, the Dead of Night guy said something like he made it all class as a joke and they accepted it no questions asked.

I feel like the system is automated if anything, and, if that's the case, then would people bribing the hat creators to make the hats all class an exploit in the economy (similar to duping?)

What'll happen is either

A ) Valve will wise up to what's going on and implement a system that locks hats once they've been created (and hopefully ban the bribers. What? a man can dream.)

B ) More hats will become all-class and the value of all-class hats will plummet dramatically due to a huge influx of them, we may see people saying "1st gen All-class, 1st gen effect" for stuff like the Crone Domes, KE etc. which, may retain some of it's value

C ) Unusuals will be either pulled on the market en masse in case they become all-class or any hat will be branded "all-class hype", meaning unusual trading will slowly start to decelerate.

Even now, I find it rare for a new all class hat to actually sell about 300 keys if they were previously less than 100 in value.

If I recall correctly, the Dead of Night guy said something like he made it all class as a joke and they accepted it no questions asked.

I feel like the system is automated if anything, and, if that's the case, then would people bribing the hat creators to make the hats all class an exploit in the economy (similar to duping?)

It's not an automated system.  The TF2 team just generally trusts the content creators to do what they think the community wants.  You have to email someone at valve to get them to update after you've changed it in the workshop.

Dead of the night wasn't a joke item

The joke item was hazmat

I'm pretty sure the guy who accepted it said it was stupid or garbage but they did it for the Lols since the hazmat became compatible for sniper for some reason

Archived