What is caucasian today?

Captain Caboose

The dictionary definition is literally just "white-skinned; of European origin."

If your family dates primarily back to Europe, or others could classify you as white, then there you go. Race doesn't exactly have good foundation. As Puddingkip says, it doesn't technically matter (it still most definitely socially matters).

I didn't miss the point.  

What I've been trying to argue the whole time is that race is not social construct, there are scientific differences between us all. And trust me, you could tell a Caucasian from an aboriginal Australian 100% of the time.

... LOL ... all I see is you missing the point COMPLETELY.

YES there are differences between a "pure" caucasian & a "pure" aborinial. and BEFORE the 16th century, you possibly could have a point. but since then, there are half bloods, quarterbloods, ...

how many generations fit into 400 years? 10 to 15 or so? So we're basically talking about 1000 to 10 000 different degrees of mixed blood.

Since you "forgot" to mention it before - I'll ask again: WHAT is your critera that divides a clear line into into that spectrum of 0%, 0.1%, 0.2%, 0.3% .... 99.8%, 99.9% and 100% aboriginal.

Unless you can present THAT, it don't matter that you can see the difference between a "pure" caucasian & a "pure" aborinial.

Archived