Failed District Writing Prompt. Any idea what happens next?

Syndaz

So apparently I failed the writing prompt which was a first for me, anyone who's a freshman like me probably have taken it as well. Honestly I'm absolutely horrible at handwriting essays, I can't think for my life so I wasn't too surprised that mine was less than good but I do wonder since it's my first time what happens after this? Do I get held back, retake it or put in some remedial LA class? I feel like I'll probably get some notification soon from my teacher but I'd like to hear your speculations or your own experiences. 

uh I dunno what a district writing prompt is, I live in Massachusetts though.  is this for high school or college

if it's college, (I go to UMASS Amherst), we had a writing proficiency test that was a short essay that everyone takes when you get in.  if you do poorly, you just have to take a remedial English/writing class before you do the regular freshman writing class

uh I dunno what a district writing prompt is, I live in Massachusetts though.  is this for high school or college

if it's college, (I go to UMASS Amherst), we had a writing proficiency test that was a short essay that everyone takes when you get in.  if you do poorly, you just have to take a remedial English/writing class before you do the regular freshman writing class

High school. It's supposed to grade how well you write or some BS like that, while giving you less information than a FRQ.

High school. It's supposed to grade how well you write or some BS like that, while giving you less information than a FRQ.

So basically a literacy test? If that's the case, the way it works in Canada is you get a re-write the next year, and if you fail again, you gotta take a course

Its what Toby said. You just keep taking it till senior year until you pass.

Doesn't seem too bad then. But honestly aren't these tests kinda outdated? I'm talking mostly about the math standardized testing, since not everyone is taking mainstream courses. I feel like the ones taking a year or two of math ahead are kinda getting shafted when they're tested on something they learned 1-2 years ago.

What kind of high school requires that type of test this late in the year

This is like beginning of the year stuff. Or at least first semester finals

What kind of high school requires that type of test this late in the year

This is like beginning of the year stuff. Or at least first semester finals

Welcome to California m8.

We had to write an argumentative essay and I did why the Kardashians aren't relevant and I passed. I reckon you guys just had a prompt question and just had to answer it.

We had to write an argumentative essay and I did why the Kardashians aren't relevant and I passed. I reckon you guys just had a prompt question and just had to answer it.

Ours was argumentative too but we had to choose whether we should have school later or not. We only got one good reason for yes or no and they were both very weak arguments.

Archived