New YouTube Comment System

CheddarZX

inb4 late

YES, I REALIZE THIS IS LATE.

So yeah, a few days ago Google updated YouTube and now your YT account needs to have a Google+ page/account/whatever in order to comment. A lot of people hate the new update, claiming that Google just wants more traffic for G+ meaning more money for them. What do you think about the new update?

inb4 late

YES, I REALIZE THIS IS LATE.

So yeah, a few days ago Google updated YouTube and now your YT account needs to have a Google+ page/account/whatever in order to comment. A lot of people hate the new update, claiming that Google just wants more traffic for G+ meaning more money for them. What do you think about the new update?

To be honest, my biggest complaint with it (besides the new interface, I can't figure out how to like some comments, can't figure out how to see what people are responding to, can't figure out how comments are ranked) is the violation of privacy. I don't want my family and friends to see every comment I make on every YouTube video. 

EDIT: YouTube is down now anyway

I use google+ (what am I smoking) so the commenting only allowed for google+ users did not really effect me but I can see how it would to others, and yes like There said, its a violation of privacy, I have most my details set to private (comments, likes ect) and google+ does not realize that so yeah, that's annoying.

One other thing is the new layout, its broken.

The old layout was perfect, you had the uploader's comments followed yb the top comments and the rest were bellow, simple and fun layout, they should have never changed it and now it does not even display top comments or uploader's comments correctly, replying for some reason opens a new tab and even then it usually fails to load the comment, 

They took something so painless and made it.

Stupid.

Archived