Buy orders

Interesting fact: you can place an order for an item with specific quality, killstreak, craft possibility etc. But you cannot set a paint (level, part, spell, effect) for your order.

Well, this does looks like a missing feature to me, okay, I'll just point out what I want in the description.

Some time later...

Your account has been suspended

Wait, wait, wait, what!? Am I banned for trying to limit my order in a way that is not supported by website for some reason?

Why can you set the pro killstreak and not the paint or effect? When is this going to be added?

It seems like you want a specific item in which you are willing to pay more than other quickbuyers. However, this is considered as line cutting.

You'll have to set a price in which you'll accept any of those items regardless of its paints, parts etc.

A correct example would be:

Paying an extra <value> for <item> with <Specific paint/killstreaker/strange part etc.> 

This is only good if you're a trader. If you're a customer, you should have to buy dozens of items you don't want or cannot afford.

This is only good if you're a trader. If you're a customer, you should have to buy dozens of items you don't want or cannot afford.

Although inconvenient, just set the buy order lower than the highest buy order while stating you're looking for a Painted variant.

For example, an item worth 5 Ref with buyers at 4.66, place a buy order for 4.33 Ref that says 'Buying one with x Paint for 8 Ref'. This ensures you're not line cutting and if people sell to you, just sell to any of the higher quickbuyers and you can make a little bit of profit while waiting.

It'd be a good idea to make a trade on outpost, if you haven't already, where you can just say you're buying a painted one.

Looking at listings taking first 2 pages with their killstreak orders, while trying to find out the price for the clean weapon is definitely fun.

No, seriously, why this was added officially and other item properties are not?

Anyways, thanks for advices.

Archived