Thoughts on family court in us and canada

Poorest scrub

you realise probably like 50+% of these forums are not from North America and could benefit from a brief outline of what the 'family court' is, and even the NA folk might appreciate a brief direction in terms of why you're bringing it up and what there is in particular to discuss, for example a recent news story or event.

yeah I'm north american and I have no idea what you are talking about. But that just might be because i haven't been outside in a week.  spring break livin bois :^)

I'm guessing, as the usual internet consensus, that you mean the "unfair" divorce and child support system.

Well I can tell you this, one of my law professors states: the ugly cases are the loudest cases. In other words you'll only hear from media how the system doesn't work because x case is crazy, well there are thousand of cases dealt with that don't make the news and are completely fair and the family courts therefore work in a great way.

The problem lies in this principle: the law is created due to people taking advantage of other people. This means that you have x law that protects 99% of cases, but there are those 1% cases where the media uses them to show how unjust the system is...but in reality the system works just fine.

Media is a powerful tool, and most of the time it says what people want to hear; therefore, the media outlet has more hits and generates more revenue.

Some context or at least some brief info in what it is that you are trying to discuss unless you want people to just randomly fire into the dark...

RuQxjZ3.gif

It is a thing. Anyone wish to disagree?

what the fucking fuck are you fucking talking about? it's not a thing!! anyone who knows shit about anything knows it's not a thing dude... i don't think we should even have things anyway #trumpagainstthings

Archived