[Q] Autobump

Vortigaunt

So I've been Googling for a while, I felt like I really have to create a thread just to clear things out...   :huh:
I know there's another thread or topic rather, out there related to this thing but ya' know its slightly different.

I wanna try the "buy low and sell high method" just like everyone does, but I really don't know how to bump my listings automatically, and I don't want to waste my items by donating (I can donate if I want to) just to know the perks and see what really happens behind the whole thing. I know it says on the http://backpack.tf/donate section the type of perks for every tier but I've read threads with people saying that backpack automatic bumps your listing on a certain amount of time. So would someone please explain this whole thing to me on how am I suppose to bump (I know how to relist) my listings, like should I use BPTF Automatic, donate 1$ worth of items, use scripts, visit site every 3 hours, leave browser open...

I wouldn't recommend scripts, you'd likely get banned if caught somehow. Plus it defeats the whole purpose if you're not really online to handle incoming trade offers or adds even though your trades are bumped. You'll still go inactive after a while if you just leave the browser open so that wouldn't work. 

I would recommend donating if you trade a decent amount, even just $5, you get the autobumps when online and you're supporting the site that everyone loves, everyone right?

The automatic works pretty well, though it has a few bugs here and there since the trade hold update, restarting it fixes most of them. Once working, it will autobump even when you aren't on the site. I think the bump time is every 30 minutes but it may depend on your donor status, I'm not sure on that part.

Once working, it will autobump even when you aren't on the site. I think the bump time is every 30 minutes but it may depend on your donor status, I'm not sure on that part.

It depends on your donor status, I have the $5 rank and automatic bumps my listings every 3 hours.

I wouldn't even bother trying to create nor use a script even if its just a reload script/extension for my browser, even if there's no "direct rule" regarding scripts.  <_<

And yes I would love to donate, but I'm wondering if why some 1$ donors have "bumped (x) minutes ago" on their listing...

(I do know that they are 1$ donators cuz of their GRAY NAME, I wonder if you could still use that (style/color) even if you're a higher tier donor)

I haven't got any problems yet except for that autobump with BPTF Automatic. Actually I have it installed, up and running for like 2 days now... 

And yes I would love to donate, but I'm wondering if why some 1$ donors have "bumped (x) minutes ago" on their listing...

(I do know that they are 1$ donators cuz of their GRAY NAME, I wonder if you could still use that (style/color) even if you're a higher tier donor)

One more question then I'll go ahead and mark this topic Solved!

Yeah, you can use the other styles too. I donated 21$ so I can use all the name styles. I am currently using the bold one (best one). To change your name color / style just use this path Settings > Name Style > Choose a color 

I donated just 2 keys and a few refs and my trades bump every 3 hours, my name is blue, i can edit my background, you support the developers...

Donating is the best way!

I wouldn't even bother trying to create nor use a script even if its just a reload script/extension for my browser, even if there's no "direct rule" regarding scripts. <_<

I haven't got any problems yet except for that autobump with BPTF Automatic. Actually I have it installed, up and running for like 2 days now...

I wouldn't even bother trying to create nor use a script even if its just a reload script/extension for my browser, even if there's no "direct rule" regarding scripts. <_<

I haven't got any problems yet except for that autobump with BPTF Automatic. Actually I have it installed, up and running for like 2 days now...

people donate 5+$ can use any name color

I wouldn't recommend scripts, you'd likely get banned if caught somehow. Plus it defeats the whole purpose if you're not really online to handle incoming trade offers or adds even though your trades are bumped. You'll still go inactive after a while if you just leave the browser open so that wouldn't work. 

I would recommend donating if you trade a decent amount, even just $5, you get the autobumps when online and you're supporting the site that everyone loves, everyone right?

The automatic works pretty well, though it has a few bugs here and there since the trade hold update, restarting it fixes most of them. Once working, it will autobump even when you aren't on the site. I think the bump time is every 30 minutes but it may depend on your donor status, I'm not sure on that part.

I donated just 2 keys and a few refs and my trades bump every 3 hours, my name is blue, i can edit my background, you support the developers...

Donating is the best way!

That sums it all up!

Archived