"Rooting" my Note 4?

Syndaz

Should I do it? I really want to use Adaway but it requires a rooted phone so I'm wondering whether I should go through the process of doing it and the quickest way to do it if possible.

I have my ipad jailbroken, and I would never ever change it back willingly. There's no reason NOT to do it other than laziness. I've heard from friends that rooting is pretty similar and that its cool stuff. Just do it.

Planning to do it once I get back from practice, however people suggest making a restore backup, just in case sometime in the future my phone needs repairs and I don't technically void it's warranty. Any idea how to do that?

I would definitely recommend rooting, just a few things to keep in mind:

1. Make sure to follow an internet guide for your specific model.

2. If you root on a Samsung phone, you're gonna trip the Knox fuse. What this means is that you can't use Samsung's built in Knox app (though you probably don't anyways) and your warranty might get voided, if you still have one.

3. From my experience, in order to root an android phone, you have to unlock the bootloader, which wipes the phone's data. Rooting itself doesn't wipe data, but if you're doing all this for the first time, make sure you back up any important data first.

I would recommend Towelroot, but I'm nearly certain it only works on older androids. Look into it anyways, pretty much the easiest way to root your phone

Archived