Best gaming laptop under $3000

Bone

Oh okay. Any specific laptop suggestions other than the sager? Cost effective please 3 grand is a lot of money. If u can get a cheaper one which meets my requirements and will get me through at least 5 years suggest that too

Oh okay. Any specific laptop suggestions other than the sager? Cost effective please 3 grand is a lot of money. If u can get a cheaper one which meets my requirements and will get me through at least 5 years suggest that too

Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, Digital Storm

Maybe an acer predator? They've got 15 and 17 inch models btw.

It seems though they always come with optical drives, if you have no use for that it's just unnecessary weight and cost. If you only rarely need one, then it's kind of cool though because you can replace the optical drive with their frost core module which is basically an extra fan. Get it? Cool? God I suck at this B)

It's gimmicky though, and if you never need an optical drive you should probably look at options without one.

Not sure if you like the design (I think it looks kinda edgy), but the CPU, RAM and GPUs seem fit for what you need. Noteworthy is the incredibly fast NVMe SSD (not all models have this one tho) which I guess can be handy for your workloads. Don't quote me on that.

Maybe take a look at the review, and find out for yourself. http://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Predator-15-Notebook-Review.155862.0.html & http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/laptops-portable-pcs/laptops-and-netbooks/acer-predator-15-1303247/review

By all means though, it's not exactly my personal favourite brand or something. Just thought I'd mention the option as well. I myself fancy MSI the most.

Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, Digital Storm

Any specific models? Sorry I suck at hardware :(

Maybe an acer predator? They've got 15 and 17 inch models btw.

It seems though they always come with optical drives, if you have no use for that it's just unnecessary weight and cost. If you only rarely need one, then it's kind of cool though because you can replace the optical drive with their frost core module which is basically an extra fan. Get it? Cool? God I suck at this B)

It's gimmicky though, and if you never need an optical drive you should probably look at options without one.

Not sure if you like the design (I think it looks kinda edgy), but the CPU, RAM and GPUs seem fit for what you need. Noteworthy is the incredibly fast NVMe SSD (not all models have this one tho) which I guess can be handy for your workloads. Don't quote me on that.

Maybe take a look at the review, and find out for yourself. http://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Predator-15-Notebook-Review.155862.0.html & http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/laptops-portable-pcs/laptops-and-netbooks/acer-predator-15-1303247/review

By all means though, it's not exactly my personal favourite brand or something. Just thought I'd mention the option as well. I myself fancy MSI the most.

Eh is it just me or the keyboard looks SHIT.

I rather like the look and specifications of MSI too, could you specify some good models?

Any specific models? Sorry I suck at hardware :(

I rather like the look and specifications of MSI too, could you specify some good models?

Unfortunately I don't know squat about specific laptops. I would recommend posting on a more tech-related forum (linustechtips.com) would probably give you some pretty helpful answers -- I would just try and decide exactly what it is that you want before making a post so you can get the most helpful answers possible (i.e. if you want to spend everything you can, if you want to spend just enough to get the performance you need, or if you want to spend enough to keep yourself covered for a couple years). 

If were talking MSI: I personally would go for a stealth (17") or a ghost (15") pro. The i7-6700HQ alongside the 970M should be fine for the games you play, they don't have an optical drive but I think they look sick and aren't as bulky as other models. Really the most important difference between the two is screen size, and the choice between 15" or 17" is up to you.

You can adjust the storage to your personal needs in both models on the pages I linked.

The 970M is fine for what you do right now, and will be able to handle even upcoming games at decent settings. BUT if you get really excited about new, demanding titles and want to play them on your new laptop with little to no compromise, let me know and we can look at options with more powerful GPUs.

Edit: Like McCoolname said, it's hard to make specific recommendations. The models I linked, which I personally think would be a good choice for you, are fine for what you do right now for a price as low as possible.

If were talking MSI: I personally would go for a stealth (17") or a ghost (15") pro. The i7-6700HQ alongside the 970M should be fine for the games you play, they don't have an optical drive but I think they look sick and aren't as bulky as other models. Really the most important difference between the two is screen size, and the choice between 15" or 17" is up to you.

You can adjust the storage to your personal needs in both models on the pages I linked.

The 970M is fine for what you do right now, and will be able to handle even upcoming games at decent settings. BUT if you get really excited about new, demanding titles and want to play them on your new laptop with little to no compromise, let me know and we can look at options with more powerful GPUs.

Edit: Like McCoolname said, it's hard to make specific recommendations. The models I linked, which I personally think would be a good choice for you, are fine for what you do right now for a price as low as possible.

the stealth looks fucking killer <3

I do have room to spend more money so yeah I would definitely want to know about a model with an even powerful GPU if it is possible. Also, a ram limitation at 16gb kinda unappeals me, is there any model which is at least expandable?

Thanks alot for helping me with this btw <3 have a cookie

Also, a ram limitation at 16gb kinda unappeals me, is there any model which is at least expandable?

You can get up to 32GB on both models if you go to "customize and add to cart". 

If you wish to have a stronger GPU you'll have to look at the dominator models. Once again, personal recommendation, only looking at MSI.

Maybe this (17") dominator model? The CPU is more powerful and overclockable, and according to benchmarks the 980M is ~30% faster than a 970M.

In terms of storage, I'd go for a M.2 SSD and a HDD with size of your choice. If you don't need the BluRay burner, you can save 65$ as well.

There are options with a full GTX 980, but I personally recommend against buying one of those.

If there's anymore questions it's probably better if you add me to discuss them. There are so many possibilities, hard to put them all in a forum post.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted · Hidden by puddingkip, March 7, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by puddingkip, March 7, 2016 - No reason given

I wouldn't suggest you get a laptop, but whatever.

Alienware is overpriced garbage imo, so be cautious of that.

Archived