What phone should I get

Fletch!

I recently bought an LG G4 and I like this phone a lot more than my Samsung Galaxy S5. It charges fast, no lag in the 4 weeks Ive owned it, and everything runs super smooth. Only thing I dont like is the curved back and the loose charger cable. The curve isnt so much a problem unless you're trying to type on a flat surface. But the loose charger falls out of the socket while it's sitting on my desk sometimes. 

Side note: I use this phone constantly throughout the day, mainly using the calculator, snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, or Spotify. On my long days (8am-10pm) I end with like 10% left.

My opinion means nothing because I'm pretty sure your parents are buying the phone for you. But I got the oneplus2 and its real fucking nice, only $400 fully unlocked and competes with current flagships. There's also the oneplus1 that's $300 (cheaper by now probably). It also competes with current flagships. My one broke because of the abuse I put into it, and it lasted more than a year anyways.

Also contacts are a scam and you should always buy unlocked. (Unless it's an iPhone because the value deprecates in price like 90s car.)

My opinion means nothing because I'm pretty sure your parents are buying the phone for you. But I got the oneplus2 and its real fucking nice, only $400 fully unlocked and competes with current flagships. There's also the oneplus1 that's $300 (cheaper by now probably). It also competes with current flagships. My one broke because of the abuse I put into it, and it lasted more than a year anyways.

Also contacts are a scam and you should always buy unlocked. (Unless it's an iPhone because the value deprecates in price like 90s car.)

Until recently contracts were the best option if you wanted to be on a non-fifth world carrier. 

I'd also recommend steering far away from One Plus. The support is atrocious to the point where they'll basically tell you to go fuck yourselves since they have no funds to support an actual support team, and they're really not all that much cheaper. You can get a Moto X or a Nexus 5x for around the same price (albeit with the Nexus you're limited to 32gb of storage). Not to mention that the SD810 throttles like a bitch, even on the OP2.

Until recently contracts were the best option if you wanted to be on a non-fifth world carrier. 

I'd also recommend steering far away from One Plus. The support is atrocious to the point where they'll basically tell you to go fuck yourselves since they have no funds to support an actual support team, and they're really not all that much cheaper. You can get a Moto X or a Nexus 5x for around the same price (albeit with the Nexus you're limited to 32gb of storage). Not to mention that the SD810 throttles like a bitch, even on the OP2.

I'm mainly talking about the oneplus one, that shit is a steal.

Also support was never an issue because I've never gotten a defective phone. But yeah their support is awful, the only risk.

We can talk about processors and mGPUs and all the components. But the cold hard truth is that my one ran everything I've thrown at it really well, so specs don't matter.

I love how this thread was full of reasons why android is better and once awesomemccoolname came around no one had a counter argument since by this point everyone knows awesomemccoolname is a pro at all kinds of tech stuff.

Also, if a guy with an android profile pic and banner says iphone is better then that's a point proven.

You guys can follow McCoolName's advice but I'll think for myself.

My parents arnt buying it, I made 5,000$ in csgo trades XD , I really want an iPhone, I love the physical appearance(which I know is stupid to get an iPhone becus of this) also I like the layout of ios, the specs arnt bad. I also feel the iPhone ad more of a premium phone with the metal back and all :P I think I still want to get an iPhone after reading both sides of the argument.

Lumias are pretty solid and all of the WP8.x ones will receive soon Windows 10, granting universal apps with the PC version, a better integration in Windows ecosystem and more.

At the moment Lumia 950 and 950 XL already mount Windows10.

Personally, I own a Nokia Lumia 1020 with Windows 10 in Technical Preview installed. Not too pricey, and since I like photograpy, I got a phone and a good camera all in one xD

And I simply love the Metro UI, far more sleek and user friendly with touch devices than other plain and old UIs based on icons. The coolest thing is that every single tile, depending on the developer of each app, can be a potential widget showing info and acting how it was intended by that dev.

Also Windows Phone and Windows 10 for Mobile are quite performant and lighweight, even the lowest entry level runs extremely smooth, and as a little plus they are totally virus-free, they can't be infected. You could even unlock the phone for devs with the built in option and install custom apps, but as they are sandboxed they can't infect the system.

Lumias are pretty solid and all of the WP8.x ones will receive soon Windows 10, granting universal apps with the PC version, a better integration in Windows ecosystem and more.

At the moment Lumia 950 and 950 XL already mount Windows10.

Personally, I own a Nokia Lumia 1020 with Windows 10 in Technical Preview installed. Not too pricey, and since I like photograpy, I got a phone and a good camera all in one xD

And I simply love the Metro UI, far more sleek and user friendly with touch devices than other plain and old UIs based on icons. The coolest thing is that every single tile, depending on the developer of each app, can be a potential widget showing info and acting how it was intended by that dev.

Also Windows Phone and Windows 10 for Mobile are quite performant and lighweight, even the lowest entry level runs extremely smooth, and as a little plus they are totally virus-free, they can't be infected. You could even unlock the phone for devs with the built in option and install custom apps, but as they are sandboxed they can't infect the system.

Considering the unfortunate nature of Window's phone OS I'd have a hard time recommending anyone go with it unless there was a VERY specific need -- like the 950/XL's amazing camera. The app support just really isn't there from developers. Don't get me wrong, WM10 is a HUGE step up and I do truly wish it would take off, but it's just not. It has a very niche userbase which really doesn't bode well for future app support. If something were to cause a shift resulting in actual app development then I'd have no problem recommending a 950/XL, but for now it's just not where it needs to be. And to make things worse is that from what I've read Windows 10 Mobile is incredibly unstable. 

Also, "virus-free, they can't be infected"....ummm, I'm sorry but that's just not true. 

My parents arnt buying it, I made 5,000$ in csgo trades XD , I really want an iPhone, I love the physical appearance(which I know is stupid to get an iPhone becus of this) also I like the layout of ios, the specs arnt bad. I also feel the iPhone ad more of a premium phone with the metal back and all :P I think I still want to get an iPhone after reading both sides of the argument.

If you want an iPhone, then get an iPhone. 

As a rule of thumb, get the latest version of technologies. Owning older technologies gives a higher incentive to upgrade, thus decreasing the amount of time of actually owning it. And you also feel satisfied knowing you have the latest, since money doesn't seem to be an issue. Between the 6 and 6S, I have heard from various reviewer that 3D touch actually makes a big enough difference in daily uses. I recommend trying it. Apple stores have a 2 weeks return policy, so switching is always an option.

If you want an iPhone, then get an iPhone. 

As a rule of thumb, get the latest version of technologies. Owning older technologies gives a higher incentive to upgrade, thus decreasing the amount of time of actually owning it. And you also feel satisfied knowing you have the latest, since money doesn't seem to be an issue. Between the 6 and 6S, I have heard from various reviewer that 3D touch actually makes a big enough difference in daily uses. I recommend trying it. Apple stores have a 2 weeks return policy, so switching is always an option.

That reviewer must have been part of the 12% :P

Although I'm definitely biased since 3D touch on the 6s+ is far less useful (imo) due to the phone being much larger, and thus getting the grip needed to apply extra pressure effectively is much harder. 

Considering the unfortunate nature of Window's phone OS I'd have a hard time recommending anyone go with it unless there was a VERY specific need -- like the 950/XL's amazing camera. The app support just really isn't there from developers. Don't get me wrong, WM10 is a HUGE step up and I do truly wish it would take off, but it's just not. It has a very niche userbase which really doesn't bode well for future app support. If something were to cause a shift resulting in actual app development then I'd have no problem recommending a 950/XL, but for now it's just not where it needs to be. And to make things worse is that from what I've read Windows 10 Mobile is incredibly unstable.

Also, "virus-free, they can't be infected"....ummm, I'm sorry but that's just not true.

Well, until now I have all the apps I need at the latest version, maybe the lack of support or the total lack of the app is on some games, and certain apps by some indipendent android-only developers.

I use Windows 10 Mobile in Technical Preview and it's quite stable, it just needs that extra time Microsoft is taking to squash some bugs.

And the OS is truly virus-free, I don't get why are you saying that it isn't true.

Well, until now I have all the apps I need at the latest version, maybe the lack of support or the total lack of the app is on some games, and certain apps by some indipendent android-only developers.

I use Windows 10 Mobile in Technical Preview and it's quite stable, it just needs that extra time Microsoft is taking to squash some bugs.

And the OS is truly virus-free, I don't get why are you saying that it isn't true.

I've heard how Microsoft is trying to push for this sort of universal cross device compatibility with all devices running windows 10 and that makes me wonder, would malware and viruses be cross compatible too? PC Windows is already the biggest target for all of those nasty things.

Android>IPhone

Only thing Iphone does better than Android is their messenger apps. I have to admit Apple's is far superior. 

Apple also has a much better system of backing up everything, moving to a new iPhone is much simpler and more things are backed up. I prefer Android, but there are many downsides and upsides to both operating systems, it's not that black and white.

I've heard how Microsoft is trying to push for this sort of universal cross device compatibility with all devices running windows 10 and that makes me wonder, would malware and viruses be cross compatible too? PC Windows is already the biggest target for all of those nasty things.

As phone can run only apps and is sandboxed, no. Despite being an universal OS, there are major differences, like you can't run .exe on phone and XBox or put a dual boot, while on PC you can.

Anyway back up options are cool, since Windows Phone 8.x and Windows 8.x you can backup a lot of stuff cross-devices, and now it's more integrated xD

And I love how with a backup I can take another phone or hard reset mine and have everything identical, feels like life is easy lol

Because literally every device is susceptible to a virus.....Not that it's particularly likely -- even on Android/iOS it's quite difficult to manage to get a virus (unless you download and run every .apk off the internet that you find on Android).

Wait for Galaxy S7 in March

This

The last rumor I saw put the S7 with a removable plastic back...so ew, no (to the plastic part, removable is nice). 

Archived