Remove Gifted Price Penalty on Crates, Keys, Paints, & other consumable items

Duscoda

I suggest that items that are consumed ie paints, keys, nametags, description tags, crates, decal tools, strange parts, duel minigames, squad surplus vouchers, mann up tickets, spells, backpack expanders, etc don't have the automatic price drop applied to them if they are gifted.

The items I mentioned above sell for the same price regardless if its gifted or not. Nobody cares if a can of Team Spirit is gifted when they plan on using it. Nobody cares if a crate or key is gifted when they plan on unboxing it. So why add the penalty and make it look like it really is worth less? All this penalty does is misinform new players and give others the chance to shark them when they're shown their backpack and they see that salvage/reserve crate they were lucky enough to get from a pallet, or a key from the pile of keys is listed for less than it actually goes for.

All formulas should be removed on the site and replaced in some way. cleverpun already said it.

Also, many tools (i.e. tags, decals, droppable paints, capacitors, diaries) can only be obtained with a gifted tag from secret saxtons, and actually, that makes them more valuable.

All formulas should be removed on the site and replaced in some way. cleverpun already said it.

Also, many tools (i.e. tags, decals, droppable paints, capacitors, diaries) can only be obtained with a gifted tag from secret saxtons, and actually, that makes them more valuable.

I agree on this, it's pretty obvious that nothing really works on formulas as there are way to many variables to consider, should just remove all of the pricing via formulas and just replace it with a generic note :l

gifted or not in any quality unique strange miscs,unusual hats.

never ever had me sell it for fewer and in many cases where there were parts or paints i was paid more than the bp.tf price of the item.

yes gifted penalties are useless. you can still sell for the full price greatest example a gifted disco beat down killers kabuto unusual i sold for 13 buds 2 months ago.

above bp.tf range witch it was 10-12 buds.

if the hat is not dupe you can go for full price

if it is dupe you can sell in steam market for full price quicker than any other trade site...

times changes gift tags is not a penalty any more rather than a bonus.

A gifted burning hazmat is maybe 20. A burning hazmat maybe 25. And like 90% of people don't want gifted unusuals so they are way harder to sell for near full price.

Archived