Thoughts on Iran Deal

Buy my mixtape fam

Now that the Iran deal is actually taking effect, I'm wondering what people's thoughts are about it. For those who don't know, a recap of what happened in the last 24 hours:

• The Iran deal has taken full effect, as of this morning
  • Millions of dollars in Iranian assets/cash have been unfrozen, and now belong to Iran again.
  • The majority of sanctions placed on Iran have been lifted
  • Iran and America completed a prisoner swap, with Iran giving America 5 of their citizens in exchange for 7 of Iran's
  • Iran, in exchange, has removed 98% of their supply of uranium (used to make atomic bombs) from their country, effectively deactivating their nuclear program

While American and Iran still won't be friends by any means after this, I think it's a good step. America needs all of the allies they can get in the Middle East, and since that clearly won't be happening anytime soon, the best they can do is not make more enemies. America and other western countries can finally feel safe in terms of Iran, and Iran can now be a part of the global economy once again, yet people like Marco Rubio still think the deal was a "bad thing". The deal is still being criticized as "one-sided" and that America is getting nothing out of it. Some Republican nominees want to reimpose sanctions on Iran.

Thoughts? 

( Sorry if I sound paranoid) TBH, I thought the sanctions should have came off way more gradually instead of all at once

I assume there is much more going on in the background and they are telling us the bare minimum.

( Sorry if I sound paranoid) TBH, I thought the sanctions should have came off way more gradually instead of all at once

Well, some still are in place, although a lot were taken off. I assume it's because Iran wouldn't have done the deal without having it this way

For some reason I doubt such a large ammount of uranium was removed so simply, who knows how much is there undocumented or hidden

Now that I think about it, didn't we lose half of am ally because Israel thinks we betrayed them

Netanyahu is just salty as fuck because Obama doesn't like him and listen to his lobbying like all of the other politicians do. 

Netanyahu is just salty as fuck because Obama doesn't like him and listen to his lobbying like all of the other politicians do. 

He's basically a puppet for the ultra-conservative Jewish parties that he relies on in order to remain in power.

Didn't know terrorists played CS:Go :D. But on a more serious note, I think it's a better idea that going to war, which Bush would've willingly done (totally not for Oil and the nuclear weapons).

~snip~

The deal is still being criticized as "one-sided" and that America is getting nothing out of it.

Firstly, IIRC this deal was an international one (Iran not only vs the U.S. but others, like european countries). that the U.S. doesn't get "anything" ... well ... the blockade was never indended to get anything out of it.

Seconly, since the other countries (U.S. allies) agreed with the deal, that kind of put the U.S. against the wall.

Thirdly, since the blockade became a thing to end Irans nuke deal, & Iran has removed 98% of their supply of uranium (used to make atomic bombs) from their country, effectively deactivating their nuclear program I would call it a success.

Fourthly, YES, a "better" deal would have been better. Anyone who ever made a deal knows that part of it is compremise. (you bought a new car, and haggled the price to $500? well $400 would still be better!)

Fiftly, republicans complained they "gave iran money", while the deal unfroze iranian money (it was iranians money. not giving it back would be the equivalent of stealing). IMHO they are just sour that it was under Obama that the deal was made. IF it would have been under Bush they would rejoice "Bush prevented iran of getting a nuke, Bush keeps us safe!!"

The deal is great and all and I'm happy that the two countries arent "at each others throats" anymore, but what about that Death to America chant? With friends like that, who needs enemies?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

"Instead of being tried for war crimes, the researchers involved in Unit 731 were given immunity by the U.S. in exchange for their data on human experimentation.[10] Some were arrested by Soviet forces and tried at the Khabarovsk War Crime Trials in 1949. Americans did not try the researchers so that the information and experience gained in bio-weapons could be co-opted into the U.S. biological warfare program.[11] On 6 May 1947, Douglas MacArthur, as Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces, wrote to Washington that "additional data, possibly some statements from Ishii probably can be obtained by informing Japanese involved that information will be retained in intelligence channels and will not be employed as 'War Crimes' evidence."[10] Victim accounts were then largely ignored or dismissed in the West as Communist propaganda.[12]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peace_for_our_time

We're repeating history again, and it doesn't look like Iran wants to do much more than simply remove some of its U-235 (which can easily be replaced).

Archived