If you could to kill a million animals to make a cure for cancer, would you?

Traffic Goat

Title was too long to extend.. 

If you could to kill a million animals to make a cure for cancer, or kill a million people to save every animal on the planet what would you do?

By killing a million people, I would not be saving every animal. I'd have just killed a million.

I'd take the first option, and the animals killed would be ones from factory farming, which would get killed anyways. They're going to die for food anyways, why not do it for a cause?

Depends on what kind of animal we're talking about. Are they farm animals? Are they pets? Are they insects? 

If they're insects or farm animals who will be killed anyway, I'd do it in a second. There are more than enough bugs in the world, and like I said the farm animals will die anyway so may as well.

But if they're people's pet cats, that's a much harder decision. I honestly don't know what I'd do in that case.

622554d75d8a22385737b5d6e5b8e3b0.jpg

/thread

I'd kill a million people. Probably just old persons who are on their last breath or later terminally ill people. Put them out of their suffering and find a cure for something that kills ~7-8 million people a year

Of course ants are an option 

If you could to kill a million animals to make a cure for cancer, or kill a million people to save every animal on the planet what would you do?

Absolutely not!

We are already killing bazilions of animals for nothing, a million more to cure something that, even if it's cruel to say, thin a lil our population thus giving these same animals more chance to survive the next 50 years is not an option.

EDIT: just saw that the animals are house pets. same answer, absolutely not. We are crowded, it may seem inhuman to think that, and i agree that cancer lead to too much suffering, but it's one of the last things that keeps our population to grow even more..

They're house pets. The people are normal healthy ones.

but to kill 1 million people you wouldn't be saving all animals.

Humans ARE animals.

Curing cancer for 1 million animals is a amazing offer AS LONG AS it is curing all kinds of cancer, for all species.

If you could to kill a million animals to make a cure for cancer

realise that in the U.S. alone, in 2015, over 1.6 million people died of cancer. ... never mind the rest of the world, never this year, never mind next year, or the year after that.

Nobody likes killing, but when it comes down to one (animal) life vs dozens upon dozens of (human) lives ... that seems like a fair trade ...

if saving every animal on the planet involves no longer farming beef and other products like it and returning the land to nature, the ecological impact would be massively beneficial towards preventing the increase of global warming and deforestation. meat is incredibly inefficient as a means of getting energy.

I'd kill 1 million animals for a cure for cancer, a lot of people die to cancer and I simply think humans are more important than animals

no offense

Cancer is natures own way of reducing the massive massive over-population. Sure it sucks, but many types of cancer can also be avoided, simply live a better lifestyle, don't be fat, don't smoke, etc.

So kill a million people to save all animals.

If I had to do either of the two, it would be saving the animals and killing a million people.

Sure, humans have done a lot to improve life, but at the same time, they are destroying the planet slowly.

Well we could definitely do with some more explanation.. If you consider any animal, then I would kill animals for cancer cure (cats alone kill more than 9 million rats in UK only, so its not a big deal. 

If you mean, that by saving animals - all animals on the verge of extinction would spread and reproduce and we will physically be unable to cause extinction... Well I cant really imagine how to do that, but if we dont go into details, I would sure kill million people for this purpose. We are on the edge of causing the total extinction of most animals within the next hundred years, I dont want to live in the world with no animals. 

And the moment we find cure for cancer - new disease will appear, that will take its place. Thats how nature works - growth of population has to be controlled via diseases.

Another factoid: Current global human population growth amounts to around 75 million annually. Killing one million people delays the human overpopulation problem with ... 4 days 20 hours 48 minutes.

I can guarantee you that way more than 1,000,000 animals have already died in an effort to cure cancer.  My gf alone has killed hundreds, if not thousands of mice in the name of science.  

Cancer would've already been cured if it didn't interfere with a certain someone's profits.

>believes that

Is partly true the medical industry has never really been about "omg i want to save lives" it's a business and they need ways to make money which is why many things in the industry are behind a large paywall whilst it's production  cost next to nothing for example replacement limbs, practically all expensive meds...etc. Me and a small team of workers helped make a prosthetic arm based off similar mechanics to a bicycle brake and it costed less than 50$ to make one tailored to the patient yet the "base" price for one was a few thousand (this was a while ago not sure if things have changed but you get the idea) 

Cancer is a $100billion industry you can say from a business perspective that developing/researching a proper cure for cancer isnt exactly in their best interest they might not be "doing nothing" but they certainly aren't focusing on it.

Archived