I HATE this new premium search :c

Jackk

I'm so used to being able to just press "Premium" on an unusual and then being able to view results instantly. I don't want to be taken to a thing that makes me select what I'm searching for again and having to look through that cluttered and impossible-to-find-anything-in "Particle Effect" section to find what I just selected.

post-22028-0-85152600-1452276144_thumb.png

I'm so used to being able to just press "Premium" on an unusual and then being able to view results instantly. I don't want to be taken to a thing that makes me select what I'm searching for again and having to look through that cluttered and impossible-to-find-anything-in "Particle Effect" section to find what I just selected.

^Exactly this. I can't imagine that it was removed deliberately, because it's absolutely crippling. I'm sure they'll fix it, but for the time being I don't feel like I can get any work done at all.

i love how premium button shows ?todo

sutD9Os.png

what's the purpose of it if it doesn't even work

please don't push incomplete/untested updates next time

The idea is to be able to search for literally anything. As a premium user, it's something I've found myself torn on. The old system was easier and cleaner, sure, but I really appreciate the ability to search for anything and everything. It's worth my $3 every month, even if I don't use it as much as I should.

CTRL+F is always a thing for that particle list, not to mention its alphabetized... Not hard to find effects at all if you're willing to do the research and find what letter the name of the effect starts with :^)

The idea is to be able to search for literally anything. As a premium user, it's something I've found myself torn on. The old system was easier and cleaner, sure, but I really appreciate the ability to search for anything and everything. It's worth my $3 every month, even if I don't use it as much as I should.

CTRL+F is always a thing for that particle list, not to mention its alphabetized... Not hard to find effects at all if you're willing to do the research and find what letter the name of the effect starts with :^)

You pose a good argument and I understand where you're coming from. But as a price suggester, that's not what I look for. I don't want to have to take 2 minutes to just find the histories, then have to check all the histories to see when they were last exchanged because Julia's script doesn't work with the new item search layout >_<

Havent found this problem since I don't use premium search often. I am concerned about the new look of histories of any item, the old way was better. Also the checkmark and the X buttons were much better than the new ones for suggestions.

Havent found this problem since I don't use premium search often. I am concerned about the new look of histories of any item, the old way was better. Also the checkmark and the X buttons were much better than the new ones for suggestions.

I wondered why you always miss out so many sales.

I agree, the histories could do with going back to normal. I do think that the votes could look better than their old design but this new design is definitely much, much worse. 

Pretty sure the button is fixed now? I understand change is hard but the new engine actually works and is almost live, the old engine was often days old. This is a much needed update, some stuff will get tweaked eventually and everyone will be happy again. Keep the feedback coming, we're reading all of it :)

Pretty sure the button is fixed now? I understand change is hard but the new engine actually works and is almost live, the old engine was often days old. This is a much needed update, some stuff will get tweaked eventually and everyone will be happy again. Keep the feedback coming, we're reading all of it :)

I agree with you when you say that an update was needed, but a better job could've been done of it ;p.

It's about 50% fixed at present. If you hover over an unusual and click the "Everything" button it will take you to a search of that unusual with every existing effect, whereas it should take you to a search of that unusual with that specific effect.

Anyone sees the Find Owners button? that was more important than searching for hats that are not even the same effect I am looking for or even for sale at all.

Anyone sees the Find Owners button? that was more important than searching for hats that are not even the same effect I am looking for or even for sale at all.

That's my issue, they've replaced it with the defective "Everything" button.

I've also found that just by selecting the effect I want after pressing "Everything" (it will select the hat you want but not a specific effect) is not good enough. It won't recognize the hat since it generates +'s between the words in the hat. For example, if you press "Everything" on an unusual Scout Shako, it will search for unusual Scout Shako's with all effects. However, in the "Item" tab in the "Build Search" section, it will display "Scout+Shako". If you select an effect, nothing will come up as "Scout+Shako" is not recognized as an item. In order to make it work you need to retype the item, then select the effect. This is a big time waster and could cause people to think there are no detectable histories for this unusual. This needs to be fixed.

One thing that annoys me about the new prem search is the inability to filter out unusual headless headtakers.  If you're just looking for the latest unusuals to be unboxed, you get tons and tons of UHHHs clogging the results, with no way to filter it out (for example, to set it to cosmetics only).

Otherwise I really really like being able to see that items are strange without having to check their individual histories.  It'd be nice if the word "strange" was a little easier to read however (this might be because I'm slightly dyslexic).  Right now if an item is both untradeable and strange, it's hard to pick out of the list for me.

One thing that annoys me about the new prem search is the inability to filter out unusual headless headtakers.  If you're just looking for the latest unusuals to be unboxed, you get tons and tons of UHHHs clogging the results, with no way to filter it out (for example, to set it to cosmetics only).

Otherwise I really really like being able to see that items are strange without having to check their individual histories.  It'd be nice if the word "strange" was a little easier to read however (this might be because I'm slightly dyslexic).  Right now if an item is both untradeable and strange, it's hard to pick out of the list for me.

Is there any way to take out all those Unusual scrap metals, and UHHHs from the Premium Unusual search?

^ this

Why can't we search multiple hats / effects at once? At least effects. If I want to find a nice hat, I don't want to have to recreate these detailed searches every time to see all of the effects I like

Archived