New SR Policies Question

Not Applicable

Hi, this is just a little question I have about the new sr policies and how they apply to bp.tf.

It's semi in response to polars statement on how trading with scammers will most likely warrant a ban from the site.

Is it considered justified, to ban someone from a website dedicated to pricing items for trading with a scammer?

Discuss

I'd like to think that we're much more than just a pricelist. At least that's the direction we're going.

- Classifieds is huge and normally the first place scammers come to dump items now, even before outpost. And now we have both buyer and seller listings.

- We have an enormous statistics database with much more than just how much an item sells for

- We're looking into other creative ways to implement things like a magazine, comic, podcast, etc for tf2.

- We have a fairly large forum community dedicated to TF2

I'd say we're much more than "a website dedicated to pricing items." We're a leader in all things TF2 and that also means we have a responsibility to make the community a better place in whatever way we can. If banning makes it harder for scammers to offload items to profit-mongers, then I'm all for it.

Again, keep in mind, the tags on SR just prevent chains of tags. All bans from here on out will just be for people directly helping active paypal / steam wallet scammers, impersonators, or hijackers. I would be shocked if the community as a whole was opposed to us banning people for helping any of those kinds of scammers.

I'd like to think that we're much more than just a pricelist. At least that's the direction we're going.

- Classifieds is huge and normally the first place scammers come to dump items now, even before outpost. And now we have both buyer and seller listings.

- We have an enormous statistics database with much more than just how much an item sells for

- We're looking into other creative ways to implement things like a magazine, comic, podcast, etc for tf2.

I'd say we're much more than "a website dedicated to pricing items." We're a leader in all things TF2 and that also means we have a responsibility to make the community a better place in whatever way we can. If banning makes it harder for scammers to offload items to profit-mongers, then I'm all for it.

Fair enough :P

However, just as a side note I worded that a little badly. I meant to say something along the lines of how its original intent was to replace spreadsheet as a pricing guide.

Again, keep in mind, the tags on SR just prevent chains of tags. All bans from here on out will just be for people directly helping active paypal / steam wallet scammers, impersonators, or hijackers. I would be shocked if the community as a whole was opposed to us banning people for helping any of those kinds of scammers.

TF2Global.tf confirmed.

I would say that scammers dump their items on SCM long before thinking of putting them on OP or classifieds because of the degree of anonymity 

I would say that scammers dump their items on SCM long before thinking of putting them on OP or classifieds because of the degree of anonymity 

Most wont dump on SCM from what ive seen. They quicksell for pure then sell for paypal. You cant buy food with Steam money currency but you can with paypal.

Just the fact that you're concerned enough about the bans to post this topic proves that it's more than a pricing website.  If it only priced items, then bans on it would mean nothing.  Bans should continue to be issued imo :)

Archived