When suggesting a new price, people need to look more in depth.

☞SH☜ Dr. Psychotic

So I just need to get this out there. There was just a price change for the Burning TC which showed "proof" of what it was sold for which in fact it was NOT sold for that much. Both the seller and buyer confirmed this. 

The same thing happened with the price suggestion for a bubbling trophy belt that I had purchased. Somebody just looked at what I first thing I had offered which was my bubbling AA a strange fan pan and a strange loose cannon. They saw that and I guess thought. Well they offered that so they must have payed that much for it. That is NOT what I payed for it. I overpaid quite a bit but that is besides the point. 

What I am getting at here is that people need to look further in depth when showing their "proof" of what an item sold for. In my definition of proof it would be a screenshot of the trade and the finalized trade. And in the case of the burning TC that just sold, what was given after the trade was over. 

I believe this incident has shown just how easily "proof" on a price suggestion can get mixed up or just not even seen or heard about, in turn making the price suggestion off by a little or a lot. I feel as if there needs to be a new rule put in place. When suggesting a new price get proof from the seller and buyer of what took place in the trade and what the final deal was. 

If what happened in the burning TC case happen more and more we will see prices being completely out of whack and quite frankly not what people pay for it. 

This is the bubbling trophy belt trade I was referring to

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/526f9e7a4cd7b8e9108b4568

Somebody just read the first couple comments and thought that is what was paid for it. WRONG. Maybe people need to ask for more proof on the trade. Because TBH somebodys comment on an outpost trade or hear say isn't proof. Proof is a screenshot of the trade, or a confirmed account from the seller and buyer. 

Thank you for your time whomever may read this. 

Most trades are done at once, the burning TC was an exception. And also, we need to give many links if possible to prove outliers. So a false link most likely will effect the price (if not perhaps .1-.3 buds)

basicly copy/pasting what i said to Underscore, because it is about the same.

I price unusuals occasionally and use item history/bp history to get the sales, simply because i am not going to add every person who sold the hat.

Say you found 20 sales, barely anybody would add all 20 to ask what they sold for because you can never be 100% sure.

Enforcing this would cost alot of time for alot of users, resulting in less suggestions and more inaccurate prices, sure the prices will be a bit more accurate, but i'm sure it is not worth it.

You could go ahead and say the same about all items actually.

Items can be sold for less, sold on market, deleted, used, etc. and someone saying 'added for X item' does not always mean he will buy it for his specified price. Item history would not be enough to track sales, and you'd have to possibly add hundreds of people to get a price suggestion up. This would demotivate people from suggesting, leading to less accurate prices.

The burning tc is an exception. It was traded in 3 rounds. No way anyone could have caught that without adding the buyer / seller directly and we can't expect suggesters to add every single buyer/seller for every unusual trade for every suggestion. There are just 1000's of them. Based on bp history, the trade was exactly 147, which was the initial suggestion.

As for other suggestions, we try to verify from bp history and outpost trades to see if items were added. Sometimes they get traded so quickly their item ID's never register. But we as mods do the best we can to verify the exact contents of the trades. The reality is that sometimes things are just missed in unusual suggestions. The beauty of the website is that if something is missed, it is easily rectified with a counter suggestion.

Please keep in mind that all listed unusual values are estimates at best, anyways. For example, marking the burning tc at 147 vs 155 is really within the error of approximation for this website anyways. We are just trying to give people a general sense of unusual values so that they don't get sharked. If serious errors are made in an unusual suggestion, obviously they should be rectified with a new suggestion, but otherwise, these are all approximations anyways.

I like how you avoided to say what you really paid (maybe I just missed it). Was it only the aa? If so, it could like a fake offer with the attempt to manipulate prices as well.

It was counted as an outlier anyways so absolutely nothing happened there.

Something I would add:

Occasionally somebody asks how much I paid for an unusual. My standard reply is "a lot." I am not going to poison the well, so to speak, for future offers. I think that quite a few traders wouldn't answer if they still had possession of some of the more expensive items out there.

You should try making a unusual suggestion first...

Thats why the trophy belt suggestion has mutiple sales at 1-1.1 buds not to mention it was a clear outlier which doesnt effect the price at all :L

Also if there is an error you have the power to change the price...Why does no one understand this?

A reminder that this site gives an approximation of the prices

I like how you avoided to say what you really paid (maybe I just missed it). Was it only the aa? If so, it could like a fake offer with the attempt to manipulate prices as well.

It was counted as an outlier anyways so absolutely nothing happened there.

Well first off, I love how you are a moderator and use such a rude way to go about bringing up that I left out what I paid for it. This kind of verifies what people say about backpack.tf how the mods/admins are rude to everybody and don't care about helping just care about making people look like idiots.

How about wording it this way "I had noticed you left out what you paid for the bubbling trophy belt, would you please include that?" Instead of looking like a complete jackass with the way you said it.

I left it out as I thought it really didn't mean much. But i did however state I well overpaid for it.

I paid a bubbling AA a strange fan, strange loose cannon, vintage soldier's stash, two keys, 4 ref, and a fancy dress uniform. So yeah i overpaid quite a bit. 

And just a side note, Thank you Polar Bear for being mature, nice, and easy going with your response. It was helpful, and put in a way that doesn't have such harsh emotion behind it. As for you Woifi, try being a little nicer to people okay?

Well first off, I love how you are a moderator and use such a rude way to go about bringing up that I left out what I paid for it. This kind of verifies what people say about backpack.tf how the mods/admins are rude to everybody and don't care about helping just care about making people look like idiots.

How about wording it this way "I had noticed you left out what you paid for the bubbling trophy belt, would you please include that?" Instead of looking like a complete jackass with the way you said it.

I left it out as I thought it really didn't mean much. But i did however state I well overpaid for it.

I paid a bubbling AA a strange fan, strange loose cannon, vintage soldier's stash, two keys, 4 ref, and a fancy dress uniform. So yeah i overpaid quite a bit. 

And just a side note, Thank you Polar Bear for being mature, nice, and easy going with your response. It was helpful, and put in a way that doesn't have such harsh emotion behind it. As for you Woifi, try being a little nicer to people okay?

To be very frank, your whole complete post was actually much more rude than his in every way.

I said it "could", I didn't accuse you of anything technically (didn't find a way to formulate that properly though).

Ok, again, you are complaining that not every item from your trade was noted. But that trade was an outlier right from the start and you paid double the price for it in the end. If that trade doesn't mean anything to the suggestion it isn't really necessary to search for every single ref. And as already said that tc case was special since he didn't pay all at once which happens very very rarely.

So both of your complaints weren't the most helpful ones either. I ask myself, why complain if nothing happened or in the tc case was discussed already in the new suggestion (and on the forum, but I don't expect anyone to read that).

Polar bear is the good cop, I'm the bad one. :P

Archived