Halloween Spells

Spedro8gc

So just a question/thought as to why Halloween Spells are no longer priced in items. It makes it difficult to sell them as backpack.tf does not reflect their value in the pricing. People then have 0 desire to pay for said spells and the items sit stagnant in our inventory. I have heard rumor that the spells were going to be removed completely from the game but I find this hard to believe. So with that said, what are peoples thoughts on pricing with Halloween Spells and should we push to have it including in pricing? Merry Christmas Everybody :)

So just a question/thought as to why Halloween Spells are no longer priced in items. It makes it difficult to sell them as backpack.tf does not reflect their value in the pricing. People then have 0 desire to pay for said spells and the items sit stagnant in our inventory. I have heard rumor that the spells were going to be removed completely from the game but I find this hard to believe. So with that said, what are peoples thoughts on pricing with Halloween Spells and should we push to have it including in pricing? Merry Christmas Everybody :)

they were made  untradable so the untradeable versions aren't priced (yet).  should we push?  no, shouldn't push for it/force it.  just make a suggestion for an untradeable version if you have legit sales :u

they were made  untradable so the untradeable versions aren't priced (yet).  should we push?  no, shouldn't push for it/force it.  just make a suggestion for an untradeable version if you have legit sales :u

Sorry I guess I maybe should have been more specific, Im referring to weapons and cosmetics with applied spells; backpack.tf doesn't account for them in pricing and therefore makes them hard to sell. As it stands now, a strange weapon with any number of spells applied to it is priced the same as an item with no spells. I like your point about suggesting a new pricing scale since they are no longer able to be traded. I use the old "tradeable" pricing as reference but a non-tradable pricing would definitely be more accurate.

Sorry I guess I maybe should have been more specific, Im referring to weapons and cosmetics with applied spells; backpack.tf doesn't account for them in pricing and therefore makes them hard to sell. As it stands now, a strange weapon with any number of spells applied to it is priced the same as an item with no spells. I like your point about suggesting a new pricing scale since they are no longer able to be traded. I use the old "tradeable" pricing as reference but a non-tradable pricing would definitely be more accurate.

It's because no one really pays anything extra for paint which can only be seen for a few days in the entire year.

Also spells...etc are actually already been removed however they get "wiped" when you open tf2 hence users bypass this using alts to store spells and then trading while in game and applying it before it has the chance to be "wiped" escrow effectively killed this tho.

It's because no one really pays anything extra for paint which can only be seen for a few days in the entire year.

Also spells...etc are actually already been removed however they get "wiped" when you open tf2 hence users bypass this using alts to store spells and then trading while in game and applying it before it has the chance to be "wiped" escrow effectively killed this tho.

Spells that have already been applied to weapons will remain though correct?

What does this post even mean in the middle. Are you having a conversation with yourself?

Escrow had and wouldnt have any impact on spells trading if both people had it enabled. What killed spells trading now is simple....they are all locked as untradable. Thus, they wont become available again until next October. 

they are all locked as untradable. Thus, they wont become available again until next October.

Whoop my mistake, I completely forgpt they made them untradable last year xD

People still buy items with halloween paint, almost all trade servers have halloween mode permanently enabled. I dont  know too much about halloween fire or exorcism, but dudes are selling them for 8-12 keys. I guess someone is buying them.

Whoop my mistake, I completely forgpt they made them untradable last year xD

They were tradable up until the the Tough Break Update. I know because I put spells on weapons I got from the Gun Mettle and Invasion Updates and was watching the spell market when Tough Break hit.

Archived