Remove price suggestion limit

puddingkip

Currently, a user can have up to 20 suggestions up at the same time, most likely to prevent troll suggestion spam. However, I feel like people that make troll suggestions will get stopped before they reach 20.

Some of the most devoted suggesters *pyroman and derpeh* quite often reach their 20 suggestion limit.

With yet 100 new items in game, we need every good suggestion there is. Let Pyroman make 200 suggestions at the same time.

The current system is doing more harm than good, which is not what we aim for (unless Brad is some evil monster that valve edited out of the new Halloween update due to traumatic experiences)

I like it, let's mods not have to deal with 100 suggestions from pyroman all at the same time. This site is meant to be efficient in updating prices. While it is possible that having no limit may be a pro in some eyes, its ultimately a con since it would flood the voting section and overload the workload of the moderators. Its best to limit it in order to ensure quality assurance is best kept on all suggestions. There's a lot of suggestions moderators have to deal with day to day that I don't think you're fully aware of and how much time is spent.

I like it, let's mods not have to deal with 100 suggestions from pyroman all at the same time. This site is meant to be efficient in updating prices. While it is possible that having no limit may be a pro in some eyes, its ultimately a con since it would flood the voting section and overload the workload of the moderators. Its best to limit it in order to ensure quality assurance is best kept on all suggestions. There's a lot of suggestions moderators have to deal with day to day that I don't think you're fully aware of and how much time is spent.

good point right there

Then hire a new mod. I know mods spend hours of their time. But you're saying we shouldn't have prices because mods work too hard? I fully respect the fact that mods spend countless hours of their precious time helping the community, nd they too deserve their breaks. But keeping the very thing they're supporting alive by having up to date prices is important too. If the mods can't handle it, let Brad hire somebody new. Tf2 is growing. The amount of items is skyrocketing. If we don't keep up to date you end up like tradepost, spreadsheet and others.

Damn it double quote. I can't use my phone fo' shit

Please do this!

However i would only lift the limit for blue and green belts as orange/yellow belts arnt that hard to attain and many orange belts have ended up trolling before.

Hmm I like this idea. But imo there should still be a limit (just in case). Maybe 50 suggestions.

Please do this!

However i would only lift the limit for blue and green belts as orange/yellow belts arnt that hard to attain and many orange belts have ended up trolling before.

good idea, limit of 50 for blue/green belts. Though there are blue/green trolls too

long, me, chigga, peasant. Now ffs stay on topic

me too with my burning gibus suggestion and some other trolls

but ya 50 seems fair, i wont ever hit it unless i have like an entire day with nothing to do

• 7 months later...

The limit was changed for a while? Remember I had 3 pages of suggetsions up.

However, there's a limit again?

• Administrators

The limit was changed for a while? Remember I had 3 pages of suggetsions up.

However, there's a limit again?

Yup, there is a limit of 20 suggestions at a time. :P

Archived