Apply to the Newsletter Today!

λngelღмander

With renewed vigor I have decided to attempt to expand the newsletter. I have a few predefined ideas, but I'm interested in seeing anything anyone else can come up with.

I want to create multiple sections for different sections of news: Forum related, TF2-CS:GO-Dota2 (this includes competitive, trading news, and high tier/important bans/promotions), and steam at large.

These aren't the only areas I will be covering, but I can't call any others to mind right now.

If you have any ideas, please let me know by posting here :D

If you'd like to join the team, these are the areas I could REALLY use help with: CS:GO, Dota2, (comp mainly) and editorials.

Currently I have no editorial writers, and no reporters, (but I have TF2 and forums under control.

I'm most interested in writers, people who can take information they gather from an area they are familiar with and turn it into presentable material for the final draft of the newsletter.

Keep in mind that I want you to enjoy working with me on the newsletter, and that if it is a chore, it isn't worth doing. Try to have fun with it, make it your own, but be concise, efficient, and bring your character into it! :D

If you would like, you could submit a writing sample with your application. Please keep posts here serious, as I will be removing off topic posts.

Hey, i'm really active in the csgo area, i'm willing to help, i'd love to be reporter for csgo.

Writer i'm fine with as well, I am active in the csgo comp area, Hit me up with a pm on steam, just so I know everything you want.

edit for angel: Anything due to csgo, comp area, major updates, trading.

If you're going to reply, do tell me what you're applying for. Specifically you MCbros, what would you like to do for the newsletter? Being a reporter means being on call to let me know when things happen in a specific scene, so I can see it and respond to it.

I can definitely incorporate editorials onto the newsletter archive, once we get a constant feed of them.

I'm not much to contribute for news, but ideas pop in my head here and there.

For editorials, you could see them like constant backpack.tf price suggestions who consistently research and price things.

With that being said, If the editorials are good, they could be featured on the main page like price suggestions considering Brad is looking for a new approach.

Editorials wouldn't just fly up to the main page, obviously if Angelmander and the staff likes it, they could feature it. As a start.

Featured editorials could link back to a new backpack.tf page dedicated  to the newsletter and other media on the main site.

There is great potential for editorials if they are done right, so being persuasive, and keeping a positive overlook on your editorial might be a game-changer for the newsletter and beyond.

Before I go to bed, I want to clarify a few things and explain my vision. The newsletter may not be a thread anymore, it might be a completely separate page on the main site (assuming fiskie wants to do this). It would be something released weekly, that would have sections, and each section would cover something else. One section for CS:GO in general, and subsections for competitive news and game news. Another section for tf2, same with dota. Editorials might be the norm, but in a different sense. It would be mainly articles about these different topics, and different people would handle each separate topic, with me there to offer advice and help finalize everything. At the end of each week, preferably on a sunday night, I would release the finalized page, with each section of news. Each reporter would also have the duty of writing out the week's events, but not in incredible detail, just enough to be interesting and enjoyable with links to the sources information was gathered from. There would also be a section for the podcasts on weeks that we did them, and the podcasts would have their sections too, with read-alongs. 

These are just my thoughts at this moment, this is obviously not exactly what is going to happen, just something to help you guys understand for now. I'm leaving for bed, but please do continue to apply. Currently I have people interested in both dota and csgo scenes, so I'd like someone for tf2. 

Ever since I first saw the backpack.tf newsletter I've always wanted to be a reporter :P  I bet I could do an article a week on TF2 trading news, I don't know much about any other kinds of news but I will be able to find the latest TF2 trading news.  I'm pretty sure you already have reporters for this (FireballNitro) but I would love to help your current reporters even if I couldn't write the actual report myself (or vise-versa).  

what would a csgo section entail? i am more qualified than anyone else on the professional scene as i'm actively following it. i easily have more hours watched and following professional cs than I do on cs. 

I'd be willing to write up editorials for TF2 if you still need someone. A few years ago I wrote up reports for clan matches so I'm familiar with the task.

I'd love to write some editorials for you, though if you find that you're in need of an editor I can certainly help you out. I'll add you on Steam later today to see what we can do.

To help clarify some more, I would like to have multiple people assigned to each section. They would write/help write a jovial, enthusiastic, and somewhat short piece about the relatively major events in their area for the week. In CS:GO comp, the only thing I'm familiar with, they could cover the top 3-10 matches of the week (I know that's a large range, I don't know enough about csgo comp to define a number), and any major competitions. So, for example, that time when a team called UX was hacking, that would be an interesting story for the newsletter, and a match between fnatic and navi would also be a great piece. When the ball gets rolling, I'll always be here for advice. 

Archived