New Bacteria Resistant to All Antibiotics Found in China

Happysedits

video form

text form

https://www.google.cz/search?q=New+Bacteria+Resistant+to+All+Antibiotics+Found+in+China&rlz=1C1AVNG_enCZ660CZ660&oq=New+Bacteria+Resistant+to+All+Antibiotics+Found+in+China&aqs=chrome..69i57.295j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

http://naturalsociety.com/superbug-resistant-to-all-antibiotics-found-in-china/

http://www.infowars.com/superbug-resistant-to-all-antibiotics-found-in-china/

''

The day that doctors, scientists and health experts have long feared and continually warned about may have arrived, as a mutation discovered in people and livestock in China has been found to make bacteria resistant to all antibiotics – including “last resort†drugs.''

''Antibiotic resistance kills some 700,000 people worldwide each year. That number is expected to climb to 10 million by 2050.''

''Experts say it might not be long before the world is struggling to cope with the spread of uncontrollable superbugs. MCR-1 seems to move easily between the strains of E. coli and other common bacteria, includingKlebsiella and Pseudomonaswhich cause many blood, urinary and gut infections. Chinese researchers wrote in the journal Lancet Infectious Diseases that these germs will likely put people in mortal danger. Based on their horrific findings, the team predicts a return to the Dark Ages. ''

Thoughts?

-snip-

Kinda expected this, diseases will usually find a way to adapt to our modern day vaccination/antibiotics. 

Meerkats are carnivores, rip me

4th Generation Cephalosporins are out for bugs that are "pan-resistant." So it's not really an end of the world type concern. But more research certainly needs to be done to look at new creative ways to target bugs. I would say education would help too on appropriately taking antibiotics, but I'm not sure if antibiotic abuse is ever going to change because I have seen even well-educated people abusing them.

By 2050, we'll likely have a cure all. with technology advancing everyday, i think we shouldn't worry too much.

What if the bacteria mutates even further and becomes resistant to this?

What if the bacteria mutates even further and becomes resistant to this?

Hopefully it won't come to that, you gotta think positive.

Posted · Hidden by Teeny Tiny Cat, December 15, 2015 - Accidentally unhid
Hidden by Teeny Tiny Cat, December 15, 2015 - Accidentally unhid

Don't be scared everyone! You still have me! With me songs! *Everybody starts to screech*

Also, here is my song, and don't forgot that you're a (song title)

Did you know ...

Peneciline was only discovered in the late twenties, meaning the human race was able to survive for 5900 years* without antibiotics.

* creationist joke :)

Some months ago I heard about this new antibiotic that was discovered which bacteria couldn't build a resistance to. I believe it was called teixobactin.

Hopefully it won't come to that, you gotta think positive.

Except, bacteria is always going to evolve faster than we can adapt to it. Fact of life.

Did you know ...

Peneciline was only discovered in the late twenties, meaning the human race was able to survive for 5900 years* without antibiotics.

* creationist joke :)

Did you know that life expectancy used to be 40 but now it's 80 with things like antibiotics?

Did you know that life expectancy used to be 40 but now it's 80 with things like antibiotics?

To be fair that was mostly due to infant mortality and lots of people dying in wars. For those who made it past their teens life expectancy in Western Europe was around 60-65 years

To be fair that was mostly due to infant mortality and lots of people dying in wars. For those who made it past their teens life expectancy in Western Europe was around 60-65 years

The classic Amp-Gent treatment has done wonders for infant mortality :P

that return to the dark ages prediction is definitely hyperbole :u

quick question though, is there a point at which we will not be able to manufacture new antibiotics to fight antibiotic resistant bacteria :?

that return to the dark ages prediction is definitely hyperbole :u

quick question though, is there a point at which we will not be able to manufacture new antibiotics to fight antibiotic resistant bacteria :?

The problem is that we have been working on the same 4-5 classes of antibiotics for the last 50 years. As the bacteria become resistant, we make some modifications to come up with a new generation of the same type of drugs that target the same mechanism of cell death. It gets harder and harder each time. What we need is for research in a completely novel pathway. Sadly there's very little monetary incentive for drug companies to pursue this.

Eventually the monetary incentive will be large enough (when deaths increase due to resistant bacteria), and that will drive drug companies to start antibiotics divisions. So we should never really be at the point where we won't be able to synthesize new antibiotics. It's more a matter of how long it takes for the incentive to be there for people to do it.

If we reduce the use of antibiotics slowly, less of these bacteria (and potential viruses) would have immunities. But you know the god forsaken big pharmas see money so what do I know.

If we reduce the use of antibiotics slowly, less of these bacteria (and potential viruses) would have immunities. But you know the god forsaken big pharmas see money so what do I know.

Big Pharma has little involvement with antibiotics. It's not a money maker. The problem is usually with doctors not prescribing appropriately or with patients not listening to their doctors about completing the course. 

Big Pharma has little involvement with antibiotics. It's not a money maker. The problem is usually with doctors not prescribing appropriately or with patients not listening to their doctors about completing the course. 

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2015/06/11/big-pharmas-hidden-hand-rise-antibiotic-resistant-superbugs

There is always a money incentive.

Archived