What do you think of what this muslim woman has to say?

austriancomb

These are the last words I'm gonna spend on this, becasue, thresher, it's obvious you're using an alt account.

Most of the things you complain about I've already adressed in why they are silly. (for instance the stupidity of trying to argue that as Non-citizens are not protected under the constitution, so it shouldn't be applied to them)

I don't know where youre getting "mosty terrorists are against muslims"

Because a "typical" suicide bomber who blows himself up in bagdad, is a muslim killing other muslims.

If you're under the impression that the face of terrorism is an arab who starts shooting in a western country - it's not.

10209-6pqluh.jpg

Saying "oh well these people will become radicalized if we don't allow them into our country" is pretty feeble

The ideology of the people who we are at war with is Islam.

The enemy we're facing are people with an extremist view on Islam who claim that the world is polarised, that if you're muslim, you're supposed to be with them, and against the west.

And when the most powerful country in the world, the face of the west, the flagbaerer of liberty and freedom, enduldges in religous bigotry, that IS a powerful message.

Call people "feeble" if you want but note that humans ARE "feeble" when it comes to touching something they hold dear.

Lets not forget it took only 4 planes & 2 towers to shake the world.

• Administrators

There were Muslim terrorist attacks (including several on the US or US personnel abroad) before 9/11 as well. I'm not trying to justify any killing of Muslims by Americans, and I don't believe it's any more just than what they do. What I am saying however is that overwhelmingly, American killing of Muslims are a response to terror attacks, while Muslim terror attacks are unprovoked. It's fine to say both cases are stupid, and I'd agree with that. But it's "silly" to say we've had conflicts with Muslims for no reason and just kill them willy nilly for fun.

Terror attacks are a response to american (and other western countries) foreign policy. Doesn't make them right, but that's the way it is.

Clearly the UK is not at fault whatsoever and it's all the Americans who can't stand Muslims right?

Didn't say the UK was any better, this thread is about americans primarily.

Lastly, why the hell would the population of these forums be used for basis for anything?

Stop stereotyping. It's bad for an argument and you do it a lot.

That part was a joke, quite clearly. But I'm hardly stereotyping this user base when you're all bashing muslims in every other thread. I didn't say 100% so if you feel it's not about you then just move the fuck on, it's not about you. Why don't you badger all the people repeatedly stereotyping muslims? That's significantly more harmful than me making a joke about the users of this forum.

The ideology of the people who we are at war with is Islam. Saying, "oh well some are peaceful" is meaningless as the violence is written into the religion itself. I don't know where youre getting "mosty terrorists are against muslims" from, but Islamic terrorists find their inspiration in islamic scripture, this, seems like blind defense  on your part.

You're probably an alt but whatever...

You do realise terrorists have killed thousands of muslims, it doesnt matter where they get their "inspiration" from. Fact is they are killing and willing to kill everyone who doesnt agree with them which also includes their "fellow" muslims. Or are you just doing to lump all 2 billion muslims together taking a sample size of a few thousand extremists at most and generalise it to the other 99.99%?

Please by all means try to convince me that the actions of a few thousand extremists represent all 2 billion muslims around the world. You can quote scripture and where they get their idea from but until you can prove to me that every muslims out there is a terrorist I consider this case closed.

That's like saying all christians are the same as the westboro baptist church, that because every christian because they all got their "inspiration" from the bible they all believe in the exact same thing. Everything you read you form your own perspective or else we woudlnt be having this debate unless you're actually in terrorist groups and have experienced stuff first hand.

EDIT: All religious texts are violent as hell. Except Buddhism.

EDIT: All religious texts are violent as hell. Except Buddhism.

And even then,

• in for instance Sri Lanka, during the cival war, there were buddhist monks advocating "just war ideology" against the Tamil Tigers (incl. denial of human rights).
  • or, in Japan, in the time of samurai, there are the famous warrior monks. In Osaka they defended their temple with the slogan "The mercy of Buddha should be recompensed even by pounding flesh to pieces. One's obligation to the Teacher should be recompensed even by smashing bones to bits!"

while during world war II, they justified their actions under the idea of 'killing one in order that many may live' (issatsu tashÅ)

in a nutshell, human ingenuity is so "great", that we're able to pervert even the noble thought that one should not harm sentient beings, for war.

And even then,

in a nutshell, human ingenuity is so "great", that we're able to pervert even the noble thought that one should not harm sentient beings, for war.

Buddhism has it's fair share of influence in war...etc but it's central text, the Tipitaka as far as I know is only a set of rules, a journal and explanations to help one to reach enlightenment and doesnt contain any violence at all. Think the worse it gets is buddha insulting people and nor does it instill any sort of "punishment" for when you break the rules other than being unable to reach enlightenment.

Please correct me if i have made mistakes as Im not as well verse in buddhism :S

We are at war, this is not the first time we have proposed to temporarily ban certain groups of people from entering the United States. Please explain why you think Trump is an idiot for intending on temporarily preventing Muslims from entering our country.

Are you not paying attention to the entire world media? Everyone is up in arms over what Trump said, and in good reason. Trump is purely an xenophobic who would like to ban all Muslims from entering, just because "x" amount are dangerous. He refuses to see that, instead, there can be a tighter screening of immigrants, and a closer eye kept on them. 

wait is this another lou alt

What percentage of white americans think killing muslims can be justified?

(You don't really need to answer that, but I'm sure you can follow the point. Based on the white teen userbase of this forum it'd be 75%+)

As a mod, I assumed you wouldn't just group all of the white teens on the forums (in which you regulate) in one giant racist bucket. Nice job proving me wrong.

• Administrators

As a mod, I assumed you wouldn't just group all of the white teens on the forums (in which you regulate) in one giant racist bucket. Nice job proving me wrong.

That part was a joke, quite clearly. But I'm hardly stereotyping this user base when you're all bashing muslims in every other thread. I didn't say 100% so if you feel it's not about you then just move the fuck on, it's not about you. Why don't you badger all the people repeatedly stereotyping muslims? That's significantly more harmful than me making a joke about the users of this forum.

Dunno what being a mod has to do with anything. I'm not banning them am I?

Dunno what being a mod has to do with anything.

Hm.....how about holding yourself to a bit of a higher standard and not insulting a good portion of the people that occupy these forums? I'd assume as a mod your job isn't to stereotype.

• Administrators

Hm.....how about holding yourself to a bit of a higher standard and not insulting a good portion of the people that occupy these forums? I'd assume as a mod your job isn't to stereotype.

My "job" has nothing to do with whether I stereotype or not, though I'm not really doing that anyway, I'm simply making a jokey observation. If I was banning them, you'd have a point, but last I checked I wasn't prohibited from expressing my opinion. If y'all find the idea that you might wanna kill a bunch of muslims so abhorrent, maybe do something to change the impression you're giving off.

Edit: seriously, just have a think about what you're saying right here. Plenty of users in many different threads have repeated over and over that muslims just wanna kill westerners. You think that's fine, but me pointing out that there's a majority in many western countries that support the bombing and therefore murder of thousands of civilians in middle-eastern countries... that's not ok? Give me a break. At least my generalisation has some truth to it.

My "job" has nothing to do with whether I stereotype or not, though I'm not really doing that anyway, I'm simply making a jokey observation. If I was banning them, you'd have a point, but last I checked I wasn't prohibited from expressing my opinion. If y'all find the idea that you might wanna kill a bunch of muslims so abhorrent, maybe do something to change the impression you're giving off.

Edit: seriously, just have a think about what you're saying right here. Plenty of users in many different threads have repeated over and over that muslims just wanna kill westerners. You think that's fine, but me pointing out that there's a majority in many western countries that support the bombing and therefore murder of thousands of civilians in middle-eastern countries... that's not ok? Give me a break. At least my generalisation has some truth to it.

Our country =/= us, that's what he's trying to say I think. Our country is run by old white people, as most western countries are. For the most part, old white people do not represent the views of the younger generations on racial/social issues, even those of us that are white. 

• Administrators

Our country =/= us, that's what he's trying to say I think. Our country is run by old white people, as most western countries are. For the most part, old white people do not represent the views of the younger generations on racial/social issues, even those of us that are white. 

Did you read the rest of the post? Numerous users post things in support of it and worse all the time. I'm judging the userbase on what they say. If you ("you" being people responding to me here) think that I have an unfair impression then maybe back me up more in these threads and support me against the racists, rather than attacking me.

If people have nothing to say about users saying "muslims just wanna kill westerners" but bandwagon on me for saying "users just wanna kill muslims" then what impression do you expect me to form of them, exactly?

Didn't say the UK was any better, this thread is about americans primarily.

OP nor the Woman identified the hate directly stemming from Americans. No idea where you got the notion this thread is about Americans

Your joke was clearly not clear, nor much of a joke. You say we're all bashing muslims on every other thread, and I just don't see that.

You said 75%, which is, for one, a made up stat, and also a number where you can make the excuse that "oh you're part of the 25%, so it doesn't concern you so 'move the fuck on'" (which should be a fallacy if not already)

Plus, I don't see anyone stereotyping muslims (as terrorists or the like). All I ever see from you is a European bias with the cliched "dumb, uneducated Americans", then claim we attack you

If you can't set aside your bias or make a clear joke , I recommend you take a more serious approach to topics in PRS

We're here to debate an issue, not our nationality. Thank you.

• Administrators

The stat I was directly responding to in that post was about american muslims, so I referenced white americans in my reply. My question was a serious one, and one that no-one has so far had a good answer for. You're right, in a sense, that making a joke about this userbase distracted from the actual point that was present in my post and gave you the opportunity to derail, so I'm sorry for that.

As for the rest, I can express my opinion in any way I choose. I try to take some of the stuff posted on here lightly because if I didn't it would make me weep. If you don't have that problem, lucky for you.

I think I'm derailing this thread, so I'm gonna stop posting now. I'm not really moderating the forum, particularly not this section of it, so I was continuing to post as I did as a user, but perhaps y'all have a point that it's inappropriate to do so. I'll just keep my opinions to myself on these threads in future.

OP nor the Woman identified the hate directly stemming from Americans. No idea where you got the notion this thread is about Americans

Your joke was clearly not clear, nor much of a joke. You say we're all bashing muslims on every other thread, and I just don't see that.

You said 75%, which is, for one, a made up stat, and also a number where you can make the excuse that "oh you're part of the 25%, so it doesn't concern you so 'move the fuck on'" (which should be a fallacy if not already)

Plus, I don't see anyone stereotyping muslims (as terrorists or the like). All I ever see from you is a European bias with the cliched "dumb, uneducated Americans", then claim we attack you

If you can't set aside your bias or make a clear joke , I recommend you take a more serious approach to topics in PRS

We're here to debate an issue, not our nationality. Thank you.

True.

Since there seems to be a common belief that "western airstrikes will kill innocent civilians, evil westerners are targeting civilians!!! 1!!1";

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/turkey/11171939/Inside-Kobane-We-are-winning.-The-town-will-be-a-cemetery-for-Isil.html

They're targeting ISIS formations and military bases, and have so far prevented multiple towns from being sacked and/or the populations of said towns having to live under ISIS (which could result in civilian deaths). And yet Corbyn's "Stop the War" coalition is pro-Assad I.e they support a man who barrel bombs his own people. The Kurds on the other hand, are quite liberal.

Appeasement, as in 1939, will only lead to more deaths.

Archived