Where to complain about accepted price suggestions (when counterevidence was provided)

Icarus

So this suggestion was accepted:

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/565d89dbdea9e9616e7f78a6

I may be a bit butthurt that I provided evidence the current range was perfectly fine and still it got lowered.

So this thread is a bit for me to vent frustration, but also to learn about price suggesting and (better) counter evidence.

I'd like to turn to the public opinion:

Was my counterevidence insufficient?

Would it have made a difference if I posted the 2 sales at 2.22?

Why do you think the new price was accepted? Purely on the votes?

Thank you for your time. :)

two sales isn't many when there are lots unsold at 2.33. if you had 4 sales above the suggested range that would have been stronger proof, yes. the new price was accepted presumably on the basis of the unsolds at 2.33 on autobump for over a week and the sales and sellers at 2.

two sales isn't many when there are lots unsold at 2.33. if you had 4 sales above the suggested range that would have been stronger proof, yes. the new price was accepted presumably on the basis of the unsolds at 2.33 on autobump for over a week and the sales and sellers at 2.

Thanks for the reply! :)

about the unsolds: many are actually proof of sale: nr.1: has sold. nr.2: restocker, original champ no longer in inv. nr.3: has sold

I'm not gonna check them all, but I'm pretty sure most that are well bumped have sold.

I posted 3 sales above the suggested range and could have posted 2 more but figured I had given enough evidence.. Oh well. :)

I just made a 2.33 classified, see how long it takes to sell and maybe I'll make a new suggestion.

Get rid of the "| trade.tf" get an actual profile picture and people will take you seriously. This is no joke, you have to do this or people will look at you like the rest of the "trade.tf" scum. A default profile picture is associated with someone noobish. Having either one of those is alright if you have a relatively high belt. 

So change those things and make a suggestion. You have good evidence and I'm sure it will pass. No harm done if it doesn't.

Get rid of the "| trade.tf" get an actual profile picture and people will take you seriously. This is no joke, you have to do this or people will look at you like the rest of the "trade.tf" scum. A default profile picture is associated with someone noobish. Having either one of those is alright if you have a relatively high belt. 

So change those things and make a suggestion. You have good evidence and I'm sure it will pass. No harm done if it doesn't.

try not to be quite so cynical about the reasoning powers of the backpack.tf moderation team...

try not to be quite so cynical about the reasoning powers of the backpack.tf moderation team...

if you had the choice of deciding between this guy:

white_guy.jpg

and this guy:

desperate-homeless-man-13737621.jpg

on something to do with the stock market, who would you choose?

and this guy:

different because here he raised valid points and showed a working knowledge of basic suggestion rules... he doesn't need to change anything about his profile in order to have success suggesting and raising valid counterpoints in suggestion comments.

different because here he raised valid points and showed a working knowledge of basic suggestion rules... he doesn't need to change anything about his profile in order to have success suggesting and raising valid counterpoints in suggestion comments.

you see? you immediately jumped to the conclusion that the rich white guy was smarter than the homeless guy. I never said anything about their intellect, experience, or history. I let you judge by the looks.

you see? you immediately jumped to the conclusion that the rich white guy was smarter than the homeless guy. I never said anything about their intellect, experience, or history. I let you judge by the looks.

no, i assumed he was more likely to know about the stock market, not that he was cleverer. we're getting very off topic. you 'let' me? you made me judge by looks and i didn't even do that, i said it wasn't applicable here because we had some solid evidence to work with rather than having to jump to conclusions by looks.

no, i assumed he was more likely to know about the stock market, not that he was cleverer. we're getting very off topic. you 'let' me? you made me judge by looks and i didn't even do that, i said it wasn't applicable here because we had some solid evidence to work with rather than having to jump to conclusions by looks.

the first thing you see is the appearance. if I added some spreadsheets and shit showing the homeless guy had better knowledge of the stock market, sure you would go with the homeless guy. But that doesn't mean that initially you thought, oh I should go with the rich guy.

I'm not saying he doesn't have solid evidence or that the fact that his appearance is 'homeless', just that it would help him a lot if he looked 'rich'.

the first thing you see is the appearance. if I added some spreadsheets and shit showing the homeless guy had better knowledge of the stock market, sure you would go with the homeless guy. But that doesn't mean that initially you thought, oh I should go with the rich guy.

I'm not saying he doesn't have solid evidence or that the fact that his appearance is 'homeless', just that it would help him a lot if he looked 'rich'.

no it wouldn't in this instance because the people who make the decisions (i.e. the price moderators) are not stupid enough to ignore the evidence of what he says in favour of prejudice against his name or icon. you're making a point which is entirely not relevant.

@OP to make this slightly more useful and relevant to you: don't worry about the judgement of 90% of the community. the mods are smart enough to know when someone knows what they're doing and when they don't, and the community at large are very quick to make rash judgements and yell at newcomers. any discussion of your profile appearance etc is irrelevant to your success in price suggesting and contribution generally.

@OP to make this slightly more useful and relevant to you: don't worry about the judgement of 90% of the community. the mods are smart enough to know when someone knows what they're doing and when they don't, and the community at large are very quick to make rash judgements and yell at newcomers. any discussion of your profile appearance etc is irrelevant to your success in price suggesting and contribution generally.

Thanks, I've already sold the first champ stamp for 2.33. I'll make a new price suggestion tomorrow or on tuesday.

On the topic of my profile picture and nooby appearance: I've been told all this before. I've been told I'm stupid for having this picture. I've been told I'm stupid for not buying any unusuals. I've been told many things.

I'll change my profile picture when I feel like it, not when you ridicule me.

Don't take me seriously? Ok then, I can't say I care. My evidence speaks for itself.

Also, any scammer profile usually has a non-stock profile picture.. I hope you don't base your trust too much on it.

Have a nice day! :)

Thanks, I've already sold the first champ stamp for 2.33. I'll make a new price suggestion tomorrow or on tuesday.

On the topic of my profile picture and nooby appearance: I've been told all this before. I've been told I'm stupid for having this picture. I've been told I'm stupid for not buying any unusuals. I've been told many things.

I'll change my profile picture when I feel like it, not when you ridicule me.

Don't take me seriously? Ok then, I can't say I care. My evidence speaks for itself.

Also, any scammer profile usually has a non-stock profile picture.. I hope you don't base your trust too much on it.

Have a nice day! :)

I feel like you misunderstood me. If you post a counter-suggestion, people will take you seriously, if you reply to an existing one people won't. 

You'll get more exposure if you have good presence. 

This has nothing to do with trust, and more of if you have what it 

P.S. You should totally make a new suggestion. I'm just saying be wary of the effect your bad presence has on a moderator.

I feel like you misunderstood me. If you post a counter-suggestion, people will take you seriously, if you reply to an existing one people won't. 

You'll get more exposure if you have good presence. 

This has nothing to do with trust, and more of if you have what it 

P.S. You should totally make a new suggestion. I'm just saying be wary of the effect your bad presence has on a moderator.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. No hard feelings. :)

If I had posted a counter-suggestion it would have been for the existing price range.

I understand that for the unique items we're not supposed to suggest the existing price, correct?

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. No hard feelings. :)

If I had posted a counter-suggestion it would have been for the existing price range.

I understand that for the unique items we're not supposed to suggest the existing price, correct?

thats correct, you can only refresh on unusuals

Because you know, i'm definitely a lot more trusted on giving advice on tf2 while having an avatar with a squirrel that has nuts (or something else) in its mouth while wearing a christmas hat  :lol:

white_guy.jpg

and this guy:

desperate-homeless-man-13737621.jpg

That's like drawing a half finished and obviously looking dick while saying "Is your mind dirty?" and then proceed to finish the other half and reveal a cat or a lamp from that. Well yeah no shit i thought it was a dick when you intentionally drew it the first half that way and implied it was one by saying that my mind is dirty.

Obviously people will go to the rich "white" guy when you make a comparison like that in this context, because the difference is that appearances matter in that comparison. (and apparently it was necessary to inform us of his skin color)

I'm not saying he doesn't have solid evidence or that the fact that his appearance is 'homeless', just that it would help him a lot if he looked 'rich'.

You don't have to say it, when you started to give him advice about appearance and then proceed to compare a rich guy to a homeless one you pretty much implied that he has that "homeless" look  :lol:

Besides, this is not a stock exchange meeting or something that you must be formal in order to impress people, its a public board where a good point is looked upon regardless of your name and avatar.

Because you know, i'm definitely a lot more trusted on giving advice on tf2 while having an avatar with a squirrel that has nuts (or something else) in its mouth while wearing a christmas hat  :lol:

That's like drawing a half finished and obviously looking dick while saying "Is your mind dirty?" and then proceed to finish the other half and reveal a cat or a lamp from that. Well yeah no shit i thought it was a dick when you intentionally drew it the first half that way and implied it was one by saying that my mind is dirty.

Obviously people will go to the rich "white" guy when you make a comparison like that in this context, because the difference is that appearances matter in that comparison. (and apparently it was necessary to inform us of his skin color)

You don't have to say it, when you started to give him advice about appearance and then proceed to compare a rich guy to a homeless one you pretty much implied that he has that "homeless" look  :lol:

Besides, this is not a stock exchange meeting or something that you must be formal in order to impress people, its a public board where a good point is looked upon regardless of your name and avatar.

The reason people wear suits is to look professional. Would people take bill gates seriously at a press conference if he was wearing only a leotard? Probably not. Would they still listen to what he has to say? With the utmost caution they would. Saying prejudice doesn't exist because you don't want it to exist is stupid. There will always be prejudice because that is human nature.

/thread

Well ..correct, which is exactly what i said about stock change meetings that you must be formal (have an elegant appearance) so you would impress people. 

Which is why it doesn't apply on here, whenever he has a tf2 avatar, a fnaf or anything for that matter (that is not overly sexualized.. cause ban and all that) it won't be taken into consideration because all he has to do is to raise a good point in order for people to take him seriously, because this is not a private meeting or a job application.

A better comparison would be more like me judging a facebook profile for not utilizing the provided tools to make it look more customized, rather than a fashion etiquette.

I was under the impression that people who uses trade.tf in their name where made fun of as a harmless joke, and not actually being judged on a serious tone because they just want to utilize a premium function.

Archived