[Question] Quicksales With No Interest as Evidence?

Solus

So, fairly straight forward. I traded with a user who was "quickselling" an unusual, and now I am quickselling it for a bit more. However, it turns out he had it for sale for at least 2 days before I bought it, and I'm not getting any offers myself, despite my advertising on multiple sites.

So my question is: How long must a quicksale be up (and actively bumped) with no offers or interest before it becomes valid evidence to lower the price of the unusual?

Or does it being labeled as a "quicksale" invalidate it permanently?

Thanks for any advice.

to quote the rules:

• You must drop the mean value of the hat by at least 15%. (i.e. You shouldn't be dropping a hat from 31 to 30 keys based on a b/o. You SHOULD be dropping the value on a hat from 100 to 50 if 50 can't sell in a month). 
  • The trade must have a reasonable time to mature (and must be reasonably bumped). What is reasonable varies from hat to hat. A good rule of thumb is to go by roughly 25 keys per week. So a trade for a hat <25 keys in value must be up for at least a week. A trade for a hat <50 keys must be up for at least 2 weeks. A trade for a hat <75 keys must be up for at least 3 weeks. For all other hats, the trade must be up for at least a month in order to price them based off the b/o. 

Hm, I read the rules a lot, I guess that didn't sink in at the time, and it didn't occur to me to check them for this. Just my own stupidity I suppose.

That answers my question quite clearly. My unusual is worth 42, I'm waiting for buyers at 30, so around 2 weeks if I still have it then.

Thanks for the help!

It's mostly because you bought a hat with an effect that no one really wants. Every hat is different, don't just assume your hat is worth 42 keys because it says 42 on this site and expect ppl to use that as the basis for a quicksale. I would say most ppl would pay 20 on your hat, but I would be surprised if you got close to 30.

Most of the time now, ppl advertise that they are quickselling, but they don't end up selling it for close to their price because it's not really a quicksell. Until you get more familiar with trading, I would suggest you post a status update to ask if buying a hat is a good deal or not.

Unless you find someone who doesn't know the market at all, or just really likes the hat, I doubt you'll get 30, drop it to around 25 if you're really getting no offers after a few days or so or try your luck with unusual overpay. You might have to take a loss, but at least you learned something.

It's mostly because you bought a hat with an effect that no one really wants. Every hat is different, don't just assume your hat is worth 42 keys because it says 42 on this site and expect ppl to use that as the basis for a quicksale. I would say most ppl would pay 20 on your hat, but I would be surprised if you got close to 30.

Most of the time now, ppl advertise that they are quickselling, but they don't end up selling it for close to their price because it's not really a quicksell. Until you get more familiar with trading, I would suggest you post a status update to ask if buying a hat is a good deal or not.

Unless you find someone who doesn't know the market at all, or just really likes the hat, I doubt you'll get 30, drop it to around 25 if you're really getting no offers after a few days or so or try your luck with unusual overpay. You might have to take a loss, but at least you learned something.

I figured it wasn't worth 42 Keys, and was more hoping to end up making a suggestion for it, but surprisingly, I was just offered a clean Team Spirit Max's Severed Head and 3 Keys for it, so I actually got 30 Keys, as long as I get 27 for the Max's. I guess I did find someone who either doesn't know the market or likes the hat!

It sold in just a couple of days for the previous owner, and again for myself, so I guess a suggestion is not yet necessary for that unusual. Thanks for your help, though!

Archived