Thoughts on new steam trading polcies?

Curse Broken

Valve will implement, community will riot, Valve will make it optional within a week.

Yeah but when it goes optional, it's most likely that they won't restore items if you get scammed without keeping this feature on so it may be something to worry about.

But in all honestly, I don't see this getting far without it costing Valve a sh!tload. I wonder what went on at Valve when this happen?

...Probably the same thing when paid mods happened.

If email notification didn't kill trading, this will. 

Anyway, email notification is probably more than enough to prevent scams from happening. The only thing that can cause scams to happen nowadays is inexperience of new users.  Not sure whether Steam thinks majority of its users are users that just learned how to use a browser or simply braindead idiots (though, they might be slightly correct), but what's sure is that it'll probably cause more harm than good.  

Literally nobody, anywhere, none, zilch, agrees with whatever garbage idea this is

Gunna be Skyrim P2P mods all over again

This will be a detriment to PayPal trading. You would have to wait until the escrow ended before sending your money, or waiting 7 days hoping the user does not cancel and scam you. This opens up more scams, instead of preventing them. It's honestly stupid, but you could use something like blustacks to emulate a phone environment, and load the mobile authenticator that way.

Also, its policies, not polcies.

If this was added, it will kill trading, and I do not see how it will help prevent scamming at all, hell, I could even see new ways of scamming with this feature. I really do not see why Valve would add this.If this was actually added, most people, myself included will quit trading due to how much of a mess this would make trading be.

Don't own an actual phone so according to Valve logic I mean less now!

But seriousness for a second here this would literally just kill way too many things:

Basically every trading site with some sort of bots, The communities even more, everything else.

I knew Valve was dense but geez this is on another level.

So basically RIP

TF2 Trading sites, CS:GO Trading sites, and what ever Dota 2 does.

You have to think about the csgo seen too. Lounge and all betting sites (ie the majority of popularity for skins) will all crash and burn. Mainly I think Valve hate people hating their 15% tax, no shit, no one likes tax, hence people go to opskins and marketplace.tf, those sites makes millions which greedy valve think should be theirs....

Not just kill trading in TF2, but think of CSGO. No more CSGO lounge, quickbuying or anything. Honestly, valve is retarded. and by that I mean seriously, what is wrong with these children who work there? I swear sometimes gabens children steal his laptop and implement all these. This is rip all CS:GO trading, Rip All TF2 trading and rip betting/gambling sites. They're trying to funnel us all into the market, but some people will just quit and not bother. also rip paypal trading. Seriously, I don't get it. Valve are actually dumb, they're the worst gaming platform in terms of listening to ppl like FFS, lets all go back to Clash of clans ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Ohh and don't forget Dota 2 trading,.... or whatever you call it.

RIP trading if this Escrow is permanent 

Valve ain't that stoopid (at least, let's hope they're not). Worst case scenario, they make this escrow thingy optional after a week or two, just like the email confirmation thingy. 

Yeah but when it goes optional, it's most likely that they won't restore items if you get scammed without keeping this feature on so it may be something to worry about.

But in all honestly, I don't see this getting far without it costing Valve a sh!tload. I wonder what went on at Valve when this happen?

...Probably the same thing when paid mods happened.

Honestly, Valve has enough protections already implemented that if you're getting scammed nowadays, it's your own fault.

Archived