Unusuals priced in keys only.

F  CHARLIE

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Unusuals be priced in only keys and not buds?

• Keys only
    • Keys to Buds are fine

Why shouldn't we have the Unusual price list show values only in keys?  This will solve all the price issues the list has and people can use whatever they want as a larger form of currency.

this suggestion has been made already but yes plz

I know but I have never heard a satisfactory answer. I am sorry but it can't be thst hard. Thnx

Yep, it definitely would be a good idea. 

The only problem would be that people would claim its backpack.tf attempting to destroy buds and further raise keys. But it could be easily refuted by saying that backpack.tf is just trying to unify its price system and the best way to do that is price everything in either Ref or Keys. 

Lol this wont happen, if it did unusual traders would flip out.

Instead just get brad to fix the usd storage already :S

Yea.....a bit. 

Although there are ways to explain why it was necessary for the site. I.e. max/buds/keys/ref all fluctuate too much (especially now due to halloween/xmas hype), and therefore using multiple currencies leads to inaccuracies and lack of consistency. But yea, switching to a Bud storage system would be better imo as it doesn't put buds going to shit on bp.tf. 

Lol this wont happen, if it did unusual traders would flip out.

Instead just get brad to fix the usd storage already :S

They flip out about everything related to the U price sheet anyway.  It can be easily argued that ref and keys are the only currency that can be used as they are both accepted in every item type trade and are not effected by seasonality as there is enough demand for any one given item type to keep either currency stable at any given time.

Well, as I have pointed out before, buds technically aren't a true currency, and are closer to a Veblun good. New refined and keys are always coming into the market. New Max's, Buds, and Bill's never will. Imagine what would happen in whatever country you live in if the government (Or governments in the case of the Euro) stopped printing new money. 

I support this. 

Well, as I have pointed out before, buds technically aren't a true currency, and are closer to a Veblun good. New refined and keys are always coming into the market. New Max's, Buds, and Bill's never will. Imagine what would happen in whatever country you live in if the government (Or governments in the case of the Euro) stopped printing new money.

I support this.

I did not think of this before but the bud continues to drop despite more keys pumping into the economy constantly. Irl even tho we have larger denominations it is still 100 individual dollars. We buy homes for $200, 000 not 2k benjimans.

Edit: I was just imagining a unit of currency (the benjiman) that is only used to buy homes and its market value, while originally $100, moves up and down with the housibg market.

Afaik Brad is working on a system that you can choose the currency which you will use to price an unusual. Buds/Keys maybe even USD. This would be the best ofc since everybody can chose for himself what makes sense.

Imo all unusuals <2 buds should be in keys and the rest in buds (if they don't crash completely what I don't expect).

Buds are used so much for unusuals that pricing it in keys will just cause trouble like the current USD system.

Everyone is still saying that "I sold my hat for things worth ~8 buds" and not for "things worth ~136 keys". Unless valve makes keys stackable or trading many items easier this will not change. Some amounts can't be paid in keys in a single trade.

Afaik Brad is working on a system that you can choose the currency which you will use to price an unusual. Buds/Keys maybe even USD. This would be the best ofc since everybody can chose for himself what makes sense.

Imo all unusuals <2 buds should be in keys and the rest in buds (if they don't crash completely what I don't expect).

Buds are used so much for unusuals that pricing it in keys will just cause trouble like the current USD system.

Everyone is still saying that "I sold my hat for things worth ~8 buds" and not for "things worth ~136 keys". Unless valve makes keys stackable or trading many items easier this will not change. Some amounts can't be paid in keys in a single trade.

Brad better get his ass to work then because that seems like an awesome featur for the site

And yeah, since unusuals < 2 (and maybe even 5) are always traded for like 1.8 buds. God tiers will only sell for nice numbers like 18 buds (that's why we don't have a burning tc of 123.6-134.8 range, but just 125-135) (and yeah it has a flat 120 price, I'm just giving examples)

Brad better get his ass to work then because that seems like an awesome featur for the site

And yeah, since unusuals < 2 (and maybe even 5) are always traded for like 1.8 buds. God tiers will only sell for nice numbers like 18 buds (that's why we don't have a burning tc of 123.6-134.8 range, but just 125-135) (and yeah it has a flat 120 price, I'm just giving examples)

I know it was ironic but I'm pretty sure Brad is spending most of his freetime on the new update.

I agree that we should use round prices on god tier unusuals and even round up or down in some cases.

I know it was ironic but I'm pretty sure Brad is spending most of his freetime on the new update.

I agree that we should use round prices on god tier unusuals and even round up or down in some cases.

as long as brad isn't finshed with this new update, rouding up/down has no purpose as it creates a nice looking range for a whopping 2 hours

as long as brad isn't finshed with this new update, rouding up/down has no purpose as it creates a nice looking range for a whopping 2 hours

Well atm original suggested price is all that cares.

Well atm original suggested price is all that cares.

was more talking about the people that use the site for prices, not the ones that suggest (like 5% of the userbase). For the huge majority doesn't even know that rule. And uses current value

was more talking about the people that use the site for prices, not the ones that suggest (like 5% of the userbase). For the huge majority doesn't even know that rule. And uses current value

Yeah and that's really sad.

Yeah and that's really sad.

Brad should put a banner at the top of bptf telling/asking 2 things. 

1) Links you to a place saying how bptf was meant to be used. 

2) Asks for feedback on how bptf could be improved. (i.e. rather than bitching and complaining that bptf sucks, tell us how to fix it). 

Brad should put a banner at the top of bptf telling/asking 2 things. 

1) Links you to a place saying how bptf was meant to be used. 

2) Asks for feedback on how bptf could be improved. (i.e. rather than bitching and complaining that bptf sucks, tell us how to fix it). 

Brad won't do anything little before the next update.

Personally I would have made an announcement for all the new rules and changed the storage system like half a year ago. Also the forum needs to be more advertised on the main page and links to it should be nearly everywhere.

And atm I would make a big banner telling people to rather should use original suggested prices than the displayed once because they are misleading...or even better only show original suggested prices and not showing current prices at all.

And and and.... but I don't know how to program and do shit...

Worst plan ever.  More confusion not less.  I know of traders who don't want buds for their hats but people don't have a choice as few people want to spend that many keys. There are plenty of items that can substitute for payment (big kill, bmoc, non-bot stranges, salvage crates, double cross com) with out needing a bud to specifically do so.

I do not think it is so important in the what keep unusual : in buds or keys (although the priority of buds :basically say " he sold for 21 buds " but no "he sold for~357 keys "). I think important thing here to get away from this binding system: $-bud-key-ref , which flips all prices upside down .

By the way you have not thought about how many new non-experienced traders have lost confidence in the site due to the chaos here  http://backpack.tf/unusuals ??

I agree with Woifi " Personally I would have made an announcement for all the new rules and changed the storage system like half a year ago. Also the forum needs to be more advertised on the main page and links to it should be nearly everywhere.And atm I would make a big banner telling people to rather should use original suggested prices than the displayed once because they are misleading...or even better only show original suggested prices and not showing current prices at all."

Also known as changing the storage system to buds ^^

Also, *cough* http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/1162-how-to-use-backpacktf-properly/ *cough* 

I see you edited that comment. I also see you edited your other post. I guess 5.3 should be rather 5.2.1 but after you fixed that it's maybe worth a pin. :P

Edit: Nvm it's already pinned.^^

Worst plan ever.  More confusion not less.  I know of traders who don't want buds for their hats but people don't have a choice as few people want to spend that many keys. There are plenty of items that can substitute for payment (big kill, bmoc, non-bot stranges, salvage crates, double cross com) with out needing a bud to specifically do so.

But everything >6 buds will rarely sell for keys or those promo items (16 bmocs for your hat. Not atm but if buds crash maybe possible).

Archived