Anonymous declares war on Islamic State after Paris attacks

Senpai Absol~

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/anonymous-declares-war-islamic-state-6839030

Video from anonymous: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c75ts2x43mg in French, Translation don't below

Posting a video on YouTube, the group said it would use its knowledge to "unite humanity" and warned the terrorists to "expect us".

Behind their signature mask, a spokesperson said: "Anonymous from all over the world will hunt you down.

"You should know that we will find you and we will not let you go.

"We will launch the biggest operation ever against you.

"Expect massive cyber attacks. War is declared. Get prepared.

"The French people are stronger than you and will come out of this atrocity even stronger."

It isn't the first time the hackers have made threats against ISIS as they made similar threats after the Charlie Hebdo attacks in January.

The 'hacktivists' run an operation publishing a list of Twitter accounts it claims are spreading propaganda in support of ISIS.

ISIS has claimed responsibility for the Friday night attacks.

The death toll in Paris currently stands at 129 people while another 415 people were admitted to hospital of which 42 are in a critical condition.

Terrorists targeted seven locations in Paris including restaurants and cafes where people were enjoying a Friday night out and Stade de France where France was playing a friendly football match against Germany.

Eighty-nine people were killed when gunmen burst into Bataclan concert hall and started firing into the crowds who were half-an-hour into a gig by US rock band Eagles of Death Metal.

Just info, copied from a blog on hltv

What, exactly, do they propose to do?

Cyber attacks I guess

Not entirely sure, but it has been shown "Anonymous" "Group" (anyone can be apart of anonymous, point of the name)

can be quite powerful in their cyber attacks

I heard they shut down hundreds of accounts that supported ISIS. I understand how they want to help, but ISIS just needs to be wiped out.

>implying Isis has technology

Expoct os. Sounds like a group of french kids, no seriously the only anonymous is the people who don't release videos of we are anonymous expect us

Not saying this is necessarily bad, but it feels like Anonymous is bandwagoning almost. Then again iirc they've always been against ISIL so meh I guess :P

I dunno about you guys, but I'd be pretty scared if the 72 virgins I was promised declared war on me.

>implying that because you're good with computers means you can't have a life 

Moderate Muslims need to declare jihad against these terrorists defacing the peaceful religion of Islam. Only they can destroy (either peacefully or violently) the parasite of extremist Islamists. Western powers attacking and bombing syria and shit only breeds more terrorism and hate for the west.

At most, they'll shut down their WhatsApp accounts or whatever they're using to communicate. Not like they can dox them, people keep seeing faces in their videos and they don't give a fuk.

I don't really get what it means for an organization like Anonymous to 'declare war' on someone, but I wouldn't dismiss them at all. They're arguably more effective against a group like ISIS which is spread throughout many countries than drones and soldiers are, as it's very difficult to fight (with people) an idea whose followers have no regard for human life. It's likely by interfering with communication (ISIS' main communication outlet is WhatsApp, which is encrypted) or by being able to reveal future attacks Anonymous will be able to help. However, I'm not really sure what 'declaring war' will change, I recall them always being against ISIS

They'll have to hack all the games too because ISIS is apparently using video games to communicate (yeah I don't believe this but someone was stupid enough to actually suggest it):

CT4lvl6WUAEdy8m.jpg

Moderate Muslims need to declare jihad against these terrorists defacing the peaceful religion of Islam. Only they can destroy (either peacefully or violently) the parasite of extremist Islamists. Western powers attacking and bombing syria and shit only breeds more terrorism and hate for the west.

Islam isn't peaceful. To ISIS and its followers other Muslims aren't true Muslims, to what you would call 'moderate Muslims' the Muslims causing terrorism aren't true Muslims. Who decides what true Muslims are? 

Hold up, last time I checked, Anonymous wasn't actually a centralized group, just the go-to name of unorganized small groups of hackers.

How can Anonymous declare war if there's no actual organization or spokesperson?

Literally anyone could just make a video with microsoft sam and claim it was Anonymous, so I don't understand why this is being reported as serious news.

Anonymous will have to do a lot more than just hacking/disrupting their social media accounts, emails, phones and computers if they want to stop ISIS from doing their stuff. ISIS doesn't even care too much about anything cyber related against them.

To be honest, I've never really seen where Anonymous has solved any major problem by hacking that I can remember.

Anonymous will have to do a lot more than just hacking/disrupting their social media accounts, emails, phones and computers if they want to stop ISIS from doing their stuff. ISIS doesn't even care too much about anything cyber related against them.

To be honest, I've never really seen where Anonymous has solved any major problem by hacking that I can remember.

What about that cancer Tom Cru- I mean Scientology?

>implying Isis has technology

Expoct os. Sounds like a group of french kids, no seriously the only anonymous is the people who don't release videos of we are anonymous expect us

ISIS recruiters use twitter and Facebook to radicalise westerners, thousands of their accounts have already been shut down.

ISIS recruiters use twitter and Facebook to radicalise westerners, thousands of their accounts have already been shut down.

by radicalize you mean influence western kids to joke about joining ISIS? 

ISIS is not a threat, its an origination claiming to make all these threats.

Like no one knows what their agenda is, they probably just want attention.

Right, because Jihadi brides and European Muslims defecting to ISIS aren't a thing. 

Right, because Jihadi brides and European Muslims defecting to ISIS aren't a thing. 

Pretty much, ISIS is real threat, nothing we should be joking about.

though we still do.

What LOL

They've already caused so many bombings, so many beheadings, so much chaos... Not a threat? Could be the most naive post I've seen in my life 

They are growing because of people not taking them seriously.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/anonymous-declares-war-islamic-state-6839030

Video from anonymous: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c75ts2x43mg in French, Translation don't below

Posting a video on YouTube, the group said it would use its knowledge to "unite humanity" and warned the terrorists to "expect us".

Behind their signature mask, a spokesperson said: "Anonymous from all over the world will hunt you down.

"You should know that we will find you and we will not let you go.

"We will launch the biggest operation ever against you.

"Expect massive cyber attacks. War is declared. Get prepared.

"The French people are stronger than you and will come out of this atrocity even stronger."

It isn't the first time the hackers have made threats against ISIS as they made similar threats after the Charlie Hebdo attacks in January.

The 'hacktivists' run an operation publishing a list of Twitter accounts it claims are spreading propaganda in support of ISIS.

ISIS has claimed responsibility for the Friday night attacks.

The death toll in Paris currently stands at 129 people while another 415 people were admitted to hospital of which 42 are in a critical condition.

Terrorists targeted seven locations in Paris including restaurants and cafes where people were enjoying a Friday night out and Stade de France where France was playing a friendly football match against Germany.

Eighty-nine people were killed when gunmen burst into Bataclan concert hall and started firing into the crowds who were half-an-hour into a gig by US rock band Eagles of Death Metal.

Just info, copied from a blog on hltv

I'm not sure you're entirely informed on the ISIS - anonymous matter, Anonymous has been targeting ISIS for quite a while, but I guess it's just being mentioned again.

I'm not sure you're entirely informed on the ISIS - anonymous matter, Anonymous has been targeting ISIS for quite a while, but I guess it's just being mentioned again.

They have never officially said it, but it has yes been known that anonymous has

and we've never talked about it on the forums

so no reason not to bring it up lol

Archived