My college is stupid.

Mike Hawk

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/11/09/mizzou-faculty-walks-out-student-association-calls-presidents-removal/75448392/

tl;dr Racism and oppression were "rampant" across campus, and our president tim wolfe didn't do anything. This guy went on a hunger strike and said he would go until either tim wolfe quit, or he died from lack of nutrition. 

The president quit.

And now what? 

Nothing. This literally accomplished nothing but made the protestors feel like they can make a difference when all they did was fire someone and ruin his career because he couldn't do anything. Even though recently a student was expelled for calling another a nigger, and we've been getting e-mails about racism on campus weekly.

I was listening to this on the radio on my way home today, they mentioned the part where they asked him to acknowledge his white privilege.

These hugbox femininist neonazis really need to take a step back and think about what theyre doing. I know it wasn't specifically feminists who did this, but it blows my freaking mind that actually intelligent people get together in groups and come up with this bullshit.

If I were that president, I'd have let that idiot starve, so when he didn't actually die from starvation I could feel pride in having called his bluff and made a fool of him. He was wrong to resign, in doing so he only affirmed to them that this behavior is acceptable and that it works.

Right, white people have all the power these days. 

>Affirmative Action

It's really ridiculous that he just took the blow and resigned instead of fighting it...

This is a prime example of college campuses these days, though. A lot of "Freedom Fighters" and Feminists joining hands and blowing every little thing out of proportion in the name of "fair treatment". Sure, I'm sure that since the world is a huge place filled with varying thought processes there are definitely racial issues. But what I really don't get is why every fucking campus (Including my own) is spamming e-mails filled with required online courses about racial relations. Forcing us to complete these won't fix anything: if you're a racist, you're stubborn. That's how it works. Don't force this shit on me because some kids are getting real butthurt over using age-old words to describe each other. 

He looks so sad doing this, I don't think the feminists who take things too far realize exactly what they're doing.  This is really sad.

It's like some of the transgender extremists who say that cis people are evil oppressing scum bags (just because they're straight)

I have nothing against feminists who fight for equality, I have nothing against transgendered people.

I hate the people who use it as a way to insult others and use their difference as a weapon to make others feel bad.  This guy clearly did nothing wrong... what in the fuck did they accomplish?

• Administrators

> issue about race

> hunger-stiker is male

> football team is male

> "fucking feminazis hurr durr"

Good job, backpack.tf. Always logical.

> issue about race

> hunger-stiker is male

> football team is male

>implying there aren't male feminazis

• Administrators

>implying there aren't male feminazis

> oops, there goes the point up over your head, oh my

> issue about race

> hunger-stiker is male

> football team is male

> does not read into the problem

> makes connections between comments that are not meant to be connected

> quotes something that hasn't even been said

Good job being logical. Prime example of a hypocrite.

Oh and if I'm not mistaken you're a female, so yup I'm guessing you feel oppressed?

• Administrators

I have read into it. Not sure most people in this thread have by their responses, as they're aimed at completely different things? That being the point. But if I am missing something here, feel free to enlighten me - what about this race-related story is inherently linked to feminism or feminists?

Oppressed by? Silly kids on a message board? Racism at a school in a country I don't live in? Not sure what you're getting at here. More of the hurr durr I guess.

He should have stood his ground. 

If I were that president, I'd have let that idiot starve, so when he didn't actually die from starvation I could feel pride in having called his bluff and made a fool of him. He was wrong to resign, in doing so he only affirmed to them that this behavior is acceptable and that it works.

thing is, if he just let the student starve, he'd be in a lot more trouble than stepping down and having most rational people feel sorry for him

thing is, if he just let the student starve, he'd be in a lot more trouble than stepping down and having most rational people feel sorry for him

He did the politically correct thing, and in his position it is probably what I would have done, but it's easy to look in from the outside and say you would take a stand.

I highly, highly doubt that the idiot who said he'd starve himself was actually planning on starving to death, he was either lying about fasting at all, or he would have eaten something when he got too hungry. Dying to try to peacefully evict a school president from his position is not martyrdom, it's just idiocy.

He did the politically correct thing, and in his position it is probably what I would have done, but it's easy to look in from the outside and say you would take a stand.

I highly, highly doubt that the idiot who said he'd starve himself was actually planning on starving to death, he was either lying about fasting at all, or he would have eaten something when he got too hungry. Dying to try to peacefully evict a school president from his position is not martyrdom, it's just idiocy.

There were rumors among students he was eating food secretly. Like there were people who legitimately swore they saw him eating mcdonald's on several occasions. 

"In addition, a swastika drawn in feces was found recently in a dormitory bathroom"

Don't know if the rest of you caught that line, but it's really jarring to me.

Anyways, one of the reasons the president stepped down is not to appease some fictional SJWs, but for the school economy. Y'all are focusing on this one hunger striker, but you're ignoring the elephant in the room; that the football team refused to play their next game until the president resigned. College football is a multibillion dollar industry that provides a lot of money to schools like University of Missouri, and if the football strike had continued, it would have cost Mizzou millions of dollars just for missing their next game. Maybe the president also resigned because of the social implications, but what's clear is that had the president not resigned, there would have been strong and immediate economic damage to Mizzou, so they averted it.

TL;DR people in this thread pointed fingers at SJWs and got tunnelvisioned

isnt that black dude who went on hunger sstrike the sson of a union pacific  exec that made 8 million dollars last year?

white privledge my ass, this is blatant anti white racism

isnt that black dude who went on hunger sstrike the sson of a union pacific  exec that made 8 million dollars last year?

white privledge my ass, this is blatant anti white racism

Only 8 million dollars? If he was white and not a minority he would have made so much more. This is true oppression.

(Obviously sarcasm)

These students are going to Ivy League colleges, they have plenty of privilege. They just like to complain.. I mean protest, so they can feel important when they're just being irritating to everyone else, especially when students are actually trying to study:

Archived