If you could learn one instrument, which instrument would it be?

Punishment_Fatal

I'm talking like full on learn, not just "Oh, I know how to play one song on it.". If you already know how to play an instrument(s), feel free to use that one or to pick another one.

If I were to learn an instrument, I'd probably learn how to play the piano fully. I love video game songs that are composed on pianos, and I always want to learn how to play them, but I can't read piano sheets for the life of me and it feels too confusing for me to keep track of everything. 

This is one example of a song I'd love to learn how to play (if again, I knew how to read piano sheets): 

Tie between piano or guitar.

Guitar is amazing and could be played in 2 variants: Acoustic and Electric

That alone sets up loads of opportunities for songs depending on your mood.

On the other hand, piano is such a divine instrument in the way that it's one of the instruments known for great music.

It's extremely relaxing and chill, but it can also be intense and keep its charm.

I'd love to learn the piano, but sadly that'll never happen because I can't do anything with an instrument properly, and I can't perform in front of anyone, or even speak for that matter without going into a terrified state.

Piano and guitar are good ones, but I'd like to play the violin. It's too bad I can't hold a tune to save my life with anything resembling an instrument.

Piano and guitar are good ones, but I'd like to play the violin. It's too bad I can't hold a tune to save my life with anything resembling an instrument.

Viola masterrace

Anyways, I'd love to learn the alto saxophone completely so I can play some of my favorite songs on it 

First would be the piano and second would be the flute.

Piano because of Punishment's reasons. A lot of videogame OSTs just sound wonderful when played on the piano.

The flute is probably a simple instrument (idk a lot about musical instruments), but I'd like to try playing it one day. 

If there's a spot for third place, I'd say violin. 

The Violin, I used to play the Viola but it does not sound as cool as a violin IMO and the Violin gets the important part over the Viola.

Piano here too, I used to take lessons and I got to a decent reading level... but then I stopped and lost interest because my teacher was this super strict vietnamese lady who refused to keep teaching me because I wasn't playing up to her expectations (She only taught asians and me and my sisters were the only exceptions) 

I still wish I could play piano but after that I switched to drums and I have been playing them for 8 years now

I'll go ahead an be a little different. 

I'd learn the Saxophone. I played Trumpet for 7 years and enjoyed every second of it. I played in my High School's Jazz band and had a blast. I really love jazz  music, so if I could learn any instrument, I'd learn to play the Saxophone. 

Piano here too, I used to take lessons and I got to a decent reading level... but then I stopped and lost interest because my teacher was this super strict vietnamese lady who refused to keep teaching me because I wasn't playing up to her expectations (She only taught asians and me and my sisters were the only exceptions) 

I still wish I could play piano but after that I switched to drums and I have been playing them for 8 years now

I'm sorry for what my people have done, here's a 20 dollar gift card you can use nowhere.

On a serious note accordion because that thing is boss. 

I'm sorry for what my people have done, here's a 20 dollar gift card you can use nowhere.

On a serious note accordion because that thing is boss. 

She didn't do anything?  She taught mainly experienced asians, I wasn't experienced and she had high expectations for me which I didn't fulfill.  It wasn't bad that she stopped teaching me, I personally didn't like the stressful environment when I was just learning an instrument (she yelled a lot).  My sister still takes lessons with her (and yes that is 8 years later that they're still doing lessons)

Also just wondering what is this?

XRvubDF.png

I'm a drummer. Naturally, I find keeping in time to be easiest for me, and I really want to learn bass because of that.

I don't want to be one of those generic rock bassists who just play endless D's, I want to be like Geddy Lee or Les Claypool when it comes to bass :P

She didn't do anything?  She taught mainly experienced asians, I wasn't experienced and she had high expectations for me which I didn't fulfill.  It wasn't bad that she stopped teaching me, I personally didn't like the stressful environment when I was just learning an instrument (she yelled a lot).  My sister still takes lessons with her (and yes that is 8 years later that they're still doing lessons)

Also just wondering what is this?

XRvubDF.png

First off. I made a joke about your teacher.

Second the lesson was on migration (illegal and legal) and diffusion of ideas and one of the best examples of that was Mexicans. The lesson also stated that the largest population of migrants was Mexicans, largest illegal population was Mexicans, transfer of food/culture, the whole chapter was pretty much about Mexico.

I want to learn saxophone for some reason, I just like how big it is.

I do know how to play piano and guitar so don't think those will be in my list, although my guitar skills are quite bad. :P

Archived