Some questions regarding price suggesting

Buy my mixtape fam

So, I just did my first price suggest, and it was pretty fun, and I want to help out and do more, but I'm still pretty confused on what to do, so I have a few question:

1. If I'm suggesting a price drop, I don't need proof of the item being sold at the new price, correct? Just of people trying to sell it at that price?

2. If I'm making a range for prices, and the low end of the range has only 1-2 sales/unsolds, is that enough sufficient evidence for the range, or should I tighten it (if there's proof it isn't a quicksell)?

3. I'm majorly confused about price hikes. If I'm trying to raise a price from 2.33 to 2.66, per say, do I need proof of buyers at 2.66, or actual sales at 2.66? And do I need proof of people trying to sell at 2.66?

4. How do I find a successful trade on outpost? Like if a person lists their item for 2.66 and it goes through and they mark it off as sold, how can I find it via the search function?

So, I just did my first price suggest, and it was pretty fun, and I want to help out and do more, but I'm still pretty confused on what to do, so I have a few question:

1. If I'm suggesting a price drop, I don't need proof of the item being sold at the new price, correct? Just of people trying to sell it at that price?

People selling at that price - that have found difficulty selling it at that price by the fact that they've been selling it for quite some while. Only regularly-bumped, viable trades and valid for this. You will need to also have some sales at the price you are suggesting, if necessary, to support your pricing, rather than suggesting lower.

2. If I'm making a range for prices, and the low end of the range has only 1-2 sales/unsolds, is that enough sufficient evidence for the range, or should I tighten it (if there's proof it isn't a quicksell)?

You sometimes have to use your own sense about it. I'd say go with your gut and keep the ranges, no matter how big it may be.

3. I'm majorly confused about price hikes. If I'm trying to raise a price from 2.33 to 2.66, per say, do I need proof of buyers at 2.66, or actual sales at 2.66? And do I need proof of people trying to sell at 2.66?

Either-or or both. Having buyers just below your new pricing will also help aid your suggestion to be more accurate.

4. How do I find a successful trade on outpost? Like if a person lists their item for 2.66 and it goes through and they mark it off as sold, how can I find it via the search function?

Search the item in tf2outpost and bookmark every open trade there. Check every couple hours and record what trades have been done. For more expensive items such as unusuals, premium on bp.tf will do ya good, and can help show you the amount of hats of that type and you can go from there.

-snip-

Oy, this is harder than it looks. So regardless of whichever way I am looking to send the price, is it absolutely necessary to provide sales, or just recommended so there's a stronger chance of it getting accepted?

(also how can one tell if an item is bumped regularly)

Oy, this is harder than it looks. So regardless of whichever way I am looking to send the price, is it absolutely necessary to provide sales, or just recommended so there's a stronger chance of it getting accepted?

If you are lowering an items value (say from 2.66 to 2.33) you need to provide sellers and therefore is not absolutely necessary to provide sales. For example a few sellers at 2.33 which have been selling for a few days would be good proof, in addition showing unsolds at the current price (2.66) shows that's it's also not selling at the old price and therefore needs updating.Although having a sale can help lower a price (as long as it is not a quicksell) it can pass without a sale.

If you are raising a price (2 to 2.33 for example) you need to have sales, showing people are willing to buy at a higher price. Also having a buyer at 2 will show that the old price is outdated. If you have no sales at 2.33 but a buyer at 2.33 you can also raise the price. Buyers are easy to find and search for on classifieds buy orders or tf2outpost however sales are a bit harder to find. A trade screenshot/proof of backpack change or a greyed out item in the tf2outpost trade can be used for proof in sales. Since you can't search for greyed out or sold items the best bet is to bookmark trades which you think will trade.You can use closed trades as long as there is a sale. (Good practice is to check the users backpack, even if it's greyed out it may not of sold)

It can be pretty hard to tell if a trade has been regularly bumped, generally a trade that hasn't been bumped for around 24 hours is invalid. Even if it's been open for a week but lasted bumped say 10 minutes ago it may of been badly bumped between those times, badly bumped trades usually have lower views than well bumped trades however use your judgement, some well bumped trades can go unnoticed.

That's all I got, feel free to ask me anything else. I may be able to answer it!

-snip-

Ah, that clarifies it so much, thank you! Yeah, I'll probably just stick to price drops for the time being, just because I don't have the time to go and keep checking and bookmarking. Thanks again :)

you will do 10 suggestions right and then you know everything

Archived