Can a more experienced Trader help me out here?

Never Lucky  trade.tf

Hi, My name is Never Lucky, formerly known as Fluffy Hugs, and ive been trying to get somewhere in the TF2 trading world for about 6 monthes now. Ive tried, and Ive got some items, but not much. Im looking for a mentor to help me get somewhere, who's more experienced, and can help me reach a better position in the TF2 economy. Thanks a lot for reading, and I hope I can find someone to teach me.

Well, I took at look at your trades on Outpost and, the biggest problem you have is the one with the strange persian persuaders and the one for the Rotation Sensation. Both of those you are asking more than what bp.tf suggests for the prices. While you are free to ask for anything reasonable, no one will pay more for common items than what their bp.tf price states.  

What I find is, try to buy some items LESS then what their bp.tf prices are, then sell them for their normal price.....then you might get somewhere.

Hope that helps you out.  :)

Well, I took at look at your trades on Outpost and, the biggest problem you have is the one with the strange persian persuaders and the one for the Rotation Sensation. Both of those you are asking more than what bp.tf suggests for the prices. While you are free to ask for anything reasonable, no one will pay more for common items than what their bp.tf price states.  

What I find is, try to buy some items LESS then what their bp.tf prices are, then sell them for their normal price.....then you might get somewhere.

Hope that helps you out.  :)

Agreed.

This is known as flipping items, just so you know your terminology.

420 posts hype

A lot of people prefer to buy say 20-30 keys to start off since you make more money if you invest more into something generally.

Joining scrap.tf raffles is nice. The odd item is always a good boost

I'd say the Persuaders are a poor choice to flip. If you want to flip low-end items easily, choose ones that people use a lot. Use stranges of stock and popular weapons or taunts.

Thanks alot for the suggestions everyone. I'm not too financially strapped currently, so I can spend about 20 bucks and get around 8 keys. Does anyone have an idea about what I should spend it on? I usually look on the live and good deals off trade.tf, but is there other things I should do? Thank you.

At 8 keys, you'd be looking for unusuals. You can easily find a cancerous, low-end unusual, be able to buy it for 5-7 keys, then sell it for 8-10 or have someone offer a slightly better unusual for it.

Archived