classified advertisers online

Crass Spektakel

Would be cool to get a switch to hide all classified advertisers who aren't online right now.

Yes there is a little green dot showing if the is online. Still 80% of all ads are unavailable due user offline most of the time.

Make the switch optional, defaulting to show all ads always and only when showing the list it can be temporarily set to hide offline.

The ultimate fun would be different states of "offline", e.g. hide people who are offline right now or offline for more than 1 hours or more than 1 day. In Fact I think nobody would get hurt if you would just permahide every ad whose owner has not been online for a day, would take good care of all the fun guys selling bills and crates and stuff at half price and never being online anyway.

The problem is that the offline/online status isn't an instantaneous update, nor does the online status actually mean they're at their computer. It doesn't take into account away, busy, or snooze status, so while it may be slightly useful, it wouldn't help much.

is it even related to steam?

It seems like the online status tracks if you visit the website.

I'm often listed as "offline" even though I'm online on Steam.

The online status is related to the site, not steam.

So this wouldn't really help anything. It's a nifty idea but I don't see it being very helpful.

So this wouldn't really help anything. It's a nifty idea but I don't see it being very helpful.

Well, you know that the person is actively browsing, so they're around. Where as the steam status means nothing, people like me I leave my steam on 24/7.

Well, you know that the person is actively browsing, so they're around. Where as the steam status means nothing, people like me I leave my steam on 24/7.

Why?^^

Archived