Suggestion Question: Phosphorus Brotherhood,29.5-36 buds, polar bear

A Delicious Cashew

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/525c19894dd7b8bb3d8b456c

Polar Bear, I do agree that 24 is an outlier

But are you really putting a 36 bud high end based on 0 offers above 30?

It is obvious that Evil overpaid based on the offers this things gets.

For example he has 3 offers so far:

af KE(38-40) if he adds ~9-10 in original price unusuals = 28-29 <- private offer he claims he has

my offer of KE(33) if he adds 5 = 28 <- me on outpost

phos crones(best c/o is cloud 9 boa(26)) <- offered on bazaar, crones trade is on outpost

I suggest this

28-29.5

lowend is the best offers

highend is the 29.5 sale

29.5: there is nothing above that except 36, and if you wanted 36, why not put 24 in the range then

28: multiple offers back it up, and its better than the 24 lowend

29-36 is not the current price of the hat for sure

PS. I never offered my gibus to him, he random added me a couple days ago and was trying to get me to 1:1, when i said I wouldn't do it if he added 10-15. I did however offer my KE if he added the headsplitter, and not a 1:1 like he says sometimes, and thats on the trade.

On high tier hats, a difference in 6 buds isn't really significant. As I stated in the suggestion, sales were at 24, 29, 36. 24 is clearly established as low given the number of offers higher than that and should be considered an outlier. We are left with sales at 29 and 36 with many rejected offers at 26-28. 28 shouldn't be in the range as a rejected offer. Given those rejected offers, 29 as a low end seems reasonable. 36 wasn't so far away from the sale at 29 for me to consider it an outlier. 

Close call either way. And in close situations, I (1) go with the community vote and (2) prefer to give the benefit of the doubt to the hat owner to possibly slightly overvalue his hat rather than undervalue it. 

Close call either way. And in close situations, I (1) go with the community vote and (2) prefer to give the benefit of the doubt to the hat owner to possibly slightly overvalue his hat rather than undervalue it.

wont this overvalue become even more when buds drop as well? I was also surprised how only 23 people voted, lowest ive seen in a while for a 20 bud hat

36 buds is pretty much as far from 29.5 as 24 is to 29.5 anyways. I still believe a 28-29.5 range is the best choice

wont this overvalue become even more when buds drop as well? I was also surprised how only 23 people voted, lowest ive seen in a while for a 20 bud hat

36 buds is pretty much as far from 29.5 as 24 is to 29.5 anyways. I still believe a 28-29.5 range is the best choice

28 would be based on an offer, an offer that was rejected. We don't price based on offers. And as I said, 24 is underselling this hat. Left with sales at 29 and 36, I didn't see a problem with a range of 29-36, and the voters pushed the suggestion forward. 

28 would be based on an offer, an offer that was rejected. We don't price based on offers. And as I said, 24 is underselling this hat. Left with sales at 29 and 36, I didn't see a problem with a range of 29-36, and the voters pushed the suggestion forward.

meh I still think its not fair to put the highend if theres only 1 sale in your range with nothing else backing it up. thanks for the quick response I guess

Archived