TF2 Invasion Unusual Effects

tonyb

you made that? It's awesome :D

Hey, thanks! :D

Hopefully it makes it in. I know I certainly have wanted that effect for a LONG time. I'm sure many agree.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Remember those that said Roboactive and Antifreeze would become god tier?

Remember those that said Morning Glory and Death at Dusk would become god tier?

Everytime update comes same cycle repeats itself. 

It has been like this for 4-5 years now. I doubt these effects will change that. 

Are Roboactive and Antifreeze not considered god tier? I've seen a decent number of hats on which those effects sold for more than Scorching and Sunbeams.

As just about everybody has said, I think Nebula is the best, and Atomic/Subatomic right behind it.

Are Roboactive and Antifreeze not considered god tier? I've seen a decent number of hats on which those effects sold for more than Scorching and Sunbeams.

As just about everybody has said, I think Nebula is the best, and Atomic/Subatomic right behind it.

You have to look on really the same hat (a cancer hat will always lower the value even with a high tier effect). And basically most of the times the 1 st gen effects (purple energy, green energy, sunbeams, schorching, burning) are worth more or equal in value of the AF/RA. 

So again so far no new effect has outmatched the first ones. 

Is it wrong that I dislike them all ?

That depends - why do you dislike them? I'm struggling to see how you wouldn't like at least one of them.

That depends - why do you dislike them? I'm struggling to see how you wouldn't like at least one of them.

I had bigger expectations and that's most probably why .

I like pretty much all of them. I mean I'm really not fond of green as a colour for anything in this game, but I do think that they all look nice. Nebula of course is beautiful but I'm also partial to the orange Codex... I wonder if you can set it so that it looks like it's text in your helmet, with those new astronaut hats....

I can say the same about Frostbite. 

You can't, because it wasn't made through smuding in photoshop. Also because the sparkles in Frostbite aren't obnoxious and thrown all over the place.

If you want to bait me, you'll have to try harder than that.

On my 2-nd thought , Nebula is actually a pretty good-looking effect. Codex , the ancient one , could fit some hats in a really nice way . I HATE EVERYTHING IN THE MORNING AND I SAY BAD THINGS , IM SORRY ! :C 

On my 2-nd thought , Nebula is actually a pretty good-looking effect. Codex , the ancient one , could fit some hats in a really nice way . I HATE EVERYTHING IN THE MORNING AND I SAY BAD THINGS , IM SORRY ! :C 

This is why we can't have nice things. There's always somebody somewhere.

tumblr_lt33suvAno1qfmr75.gif

I love this update. Watergate is awesome, but I'm not playing until they FIX THE SPAWNCAMPING. I haven't used a sticky in 6 months. I got top score yesterday using a sticky.  Just add a team block wall and remove the spawn gate underground with a no build zone. EZ fix. Look at suijin.

My favorite unusual effect now that I think about it, 2fort. Entire map looks like aliens been smokin weed. Smoke errywhere.

Posted · Hidden by polar, October 13, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, October 13, 2015 - No reason given

You can't, because it wasn't made through smuding in photoshop. Also because the sparkles in Frostbite aren't obnoxious and thrown all over the place.

If you want to bait me, you'll have to try harder than that.

To me they are. See how opinions work? :^)

You have to look on really the same hat (a cancer hat will always lower the value even with a high tier effect). And basically most of the times the 1 st gen effects (purple energy, green energy, sunbeams, schorching, burning) are worth more or equal in value of the AF/RA. 

So again so far no new effect has outmatched the first ones. 

You have to look pretty hard to find a good hat where AF and RA are worth more than Burning/Scorching.   It's less rare to see them going for more or at least equal to beams though.  I would say they are almost always worth at least as much as energies though and frequently worth more.  

Anyway, point being RA and AF are legit high tier (meaning they actually get offers in that price range and aren't just traded around for other robo effects), whereas the same can't be said about any other robo effect.  

To me they are. See how opinions work? :^)

Then your opinion defies factual evidence and makes you look bad. Your call.

Then your opinion defies factual evidence and makes you look bad. Your call.

You're making yourself look bad by thinking that your opinion is a fact. :^)

Archived