It's a Brave New World afterall

Python.

Opinions on cops using extreme excessive force for no other reason besides they can?

I see these cops everywhere using their gear, escalating a situation where there didn't need to be one

Police need to keep the peace, not break it 

"The primary role of police is to deescalate situations. When they act this way it's a power trip, not police work" - Imgur

Here's some examples:

Clock made by a brown kid named Ahmed. Must be bomb. http://i.imgur.com/tLxTIJv.png?1

Black kid "jaywalks" across the street. Takes 4 police officers and a baton to get him from sitting to on the ground http://imgur.com/gallery/KSk0pHS

Two white kids fight at my last school. Police officer tazes kid twice, with almost no attempt at separating them (debatable): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf0ItS1mMCU

God damn, America's becoming more and more of a police state than I would have imagined

They are above the law,they can literately do anything to anyone without getting into trouble.It's really sad even VIDEO PROOF of them doing wrong and they still don't get put into jail.

my opinions?

like any other sensible, reasonable person. these kids are salty assholes. hopefully once they die out, racism will only remain to be a joke to be laughed at how stupid their sugar daddies were.

my opinions?

like any other sensible, reasonable person. these kids are salty assholes. hopefully once they die out, racism will only remain to be a joke to be laughed at how stupid their sugar daddies were.

What kids are you talking about?

What kids are you talking about?

nice 2222 post.

im talking about the cops. if they can't be mature enough to fuck off with their bullshit attitude, then they're on equal footing with kids in my eyes. even though im a kid ;(

nice 2222 post.

im talking about the cops. if they can't be mature enough to fuck off with their bullshit attitude, then they're on equal footing with kids in my eyes. even though im a kid ;(

Oh, ok. I thought you were saying the kids who were interrogated or tased or whatever were idiots and overreacting

and thanks

If you want to find tons of cons against the US which includes police trying to take advantage over the law, you should watch John Oliver.

Besides cops having free liberty to beat your ass off, they can also rob your money at any given time.

my opinions?

Too bad that will never happen, especially on the racism part.

Honestly what happens is that cops get stuck up and think that they're something else, but is some neighborhoods, they HAVE to do this. You have to realize how many smooth police and person interactions happen too. You don't see on the news "Local police officer and citizen have a standard arrest". Only the stories that will get the media views get pushed. It IS a problem, just not as big and people say it is. 

I'm not that sure about this but I think teachers and adults would avoid physically trying to break up fights at school due to the possibility of suing. My cousin's partner was teaching at a school where the teachers aren't allow to touch the students in any way due to the risks. Again police would be above this rule.

Your comment about the kid who built he clock the initial response of the teachers and police are well justified imo. The "genius student" made a clock in a oversized suit case which he locked, had cables wrapped around it to keep it shut, when you look at the photo all you can see is a lot of wires everywhere, circuit boards and a led display which does cause suspicion.

What isnt acceptable is the actions of the police which took place after when he explained it was a clock which was essentially harassing a kid. The excuse that they legitimately thought it was a bomb being the reason why they did what they did was also BS since there was no bomb squad...etc

Your comment about the kid who built he clock the initial response of the teachers and police are well justified imo. The "genius student" made a clock in a oversized suit case which he locked, had cables wrapped around it to keep it shut, when you look at the photo all you can see is a lot of wires everywhere, circuit boards and a led display which does cause suspicion.

Clock%2BBomb.jpg

Suitcase bomb vs clock.

Also, he didn't even build a clock, it's just a clock took apart and shoved into a suitcase. I also don't see why he should be seen as a genius for unscrewing a clock and putting it into a suitcase.

Suitcase bomb vs clock.

Also, he didn't even build a clock, it's just a clock took apart and shoved into a suitcase. I also don't see why he should be seen as a genius for unscrewing a clock and putting it into a suitcase.

Fairly certain the average person will not know what a suitcase bomb actually looks like, all the teachers saw was a suitcase wrapped in cables, circuit boards, a led display in an obviously oversized case and it was beeping. I dont know about you but Im fairly certain anyone who saw it would be suspicious at first which is why I said the initial reaction from the teachers was justified (I.e. going wtf is it and questioning) calling the police is a bit overboard and the response of the police was even more stupid.

Media just dressed it up calling him a genius student so the general public would feel more sympathetic to the kid, he isnt a genius in anyway by todays standards. The attention the kid got from notable figures in the educational system and social media is kinda "undeserved" tho, feel like most people just wanted to hop on the bandwagon.

calling the police is a bit overboard and the response of the police was even more stupid.

It doesn't stop there, you know...

• Not evacuating school grounds

(you're assuming it's a bomb, but you don't get the kids to safety? DFQ?)

• Keeping him suspended even though he didn't do anything wrong

(... well, unless you presume trying to impress the teacher is a suspendable offense?)

Clock%2BBomb.jpg

Suitcase bomb vs clock.

Yeah ... except:

suicide-bomb3.jpg

Seeing that basically every kid has a backpack of some sort ... they are all potential terrorists now :S

Archived