Garry's mod stuck on sending client info

Water Salesman

I'll try and join a garry's mod server, but then I'll get to the sending client info step where nothing else will happen. I can click cancel any time I want, but I've let it sit and try to load me into a server for 2+ hours with no result. This happens on about 1/3 of servers I try to connect to. I've tried facepunch forums and sending in support tickets but nobody's responded. It's not an issue with my internet, because I can connect to any server just fine on my laptop. Any ideas on how I could fix this?

Try validating files? Maybe you're missing a load-in file for some servers? I dunno.

Already tried that.

Have you disabled downloads from servers?

Yep.

Delete the game/move it somewhere else and redownload as a last resort. If that still doesn't work, try replugging your router/having your IP-DNS automatically set.

I'll try and join a garry's mod server, but then I'll get to the sending client info step where nothing else will happen. I can click cancel any time I want, but I've let it sit and try to load me into a server for 2+ hours with no result. This happens on about 1/3 of servers I try to connect to. I've tried facepunch forums and sending in support tickets but nobody's responded. It's not an issue with my internet, because I can connect to any server just fine on my laptop. Any ideas on how I could fix this?

doesn't matter if you tried on a different laptop or not. The wifi/ethernet card itself could be damaged, run nm-tool in the terminal, dump the output here

Sending client info is a fancy way of saying Loading

It can take a very long time if you have a crappy hard drive thats old and dying

It can also be because the server as so many bloat mods that its crashing your game when you try to join

When the game downloads mods it preallocates the space for them and with slow HDD's and servers with billions of mods that arent in use

It can take a long time to join.

Alright I agree with Supore. Delete local game content through the steam client and re-install it on to your disk of choice. If that doesn't fix it I think the issues might be with the server hosts since you said it happens with about 33.33% you try to connect to.

If you're using Windows please use the chkdsk command in the command prompt. Make sure you run it as administrator and check if your drives are healthy.

Archived