For all the people saying that TF2 is dead...

Happysedits

The question isn't why people think TF2 is dying

The real question is why the fuck is football manager so high up on the list, even trumping GTA and GMod

i asked same when i first saw that list xD

No, you understand it wrong le youtube guy, People are saying that Tf2 IS DIEING not about that it is dead. You need to compare player stats back on 2011 in egzample, and now, somehwere is a chart on google telling number of players each month, so yeah, and it seems, number of people on tf2 is dropped slightly.

EDIT: chart is here http://steamcharts.com/app/440#All

2nd EDIT: im one who left tf2 (on playing side) too, cuz idk, it got borred to me, cant find friends with which i could play to have fun. But i DO remember these old good times on tf2, when i had some really fun moments.

The thing is when it comes to TF2 comp people compare it to the "actual" competitive scene (i.e. dota, cs:go, LoL) which is much much bigger and has valve backing them up with major updates every competition...etc Compared to tf2 where the comp scene is essentially all community run and the price pool is a few thousand $ and has been like that for years with valve ignoring the tf2 competitive community.

Because adding matchmaking and rebalancing the game are both clear indicators that they don't care

The thing is when it comes to TF2 comp people compare it to the "actual" competitive scene (i.e. dota, cs:go, LoL) which is much much bigger and has valve backing them up with major updates every competition...etc Compared to tf2 where the comp scene is essentially all community run and the price pool is a few thousand $ and has been like that for years with valve ignoring the tf2 competitive community.

I'd rather play fun community driven comp TF2 rather than shitty tryhard comp CS:GO. I've tried both, TF2 is more fun.

Because adding matchmaking and rebalancing the game are both clear indicators that they don't care

We have been teased matchmaking for the last 3 years already. Rebalancing the game isnt exactly hard to do some arnt rebalancing but more like making really niche and gimmicky weapons not to mention some of the glitches and bugs with weapons which took them a year to fix. Eg the gunslinger being basically invulnerable while being built took them a year to patch. Clearly they care a lot.

What we have gotten for tf2 for the past few years has been a spam of cosmetics, skins, gimicky beta "game modes" and it was only in the recent times where we have gotten anything which you would consider "content". In comparison where cs:go and dota gets a great deal of backing from valve outside of a cosmetic medal and major bugs/glitches patched within a few days you can't confidently say that valve cares a great deal about tf2 can you?

For experienced players TF2 feels dead. Even from a trader's viewpoint, all those servers full of hatless, loadoutless noobs feel like TF2 came out last month. But it did not. It came out in 2007.

The skill level, the gameplay on public servers, this is how i personally measure if TF2 is "dead" or "alive".... not those player count numbers on Valve's statistics page.

Archived