Key decimals

TheNintendude64Çḩąɳ-THAB

A while ago Backpack.tf got rid of key decimals and it's bugged me ever since. I started posting the key decimal price in the description and then my account was suspended (though luckily not for long). This discussion s just a kind of poll for how many people think they should bring key decimals back, because this really, really bugs me. Please post your opinion :P

Well, key prices in decimals only happen / seems more useful with items worth less than 10 keys. Seeing something like 10.3 keys as a price is quite annoying, however, that is why there is a range.

key decimals were never allowed for unusual items unless there were a specific set of circumstances, the prices you see now that are in decimals are because of inflation, when unusuals used to be priced at a bud number which could be decimalized to the tenths place

key decimals were never allowed for unusual items unless there were a specific set of circumstances, the prices you see now that are in decimals are because of inflation, when unusuals used to be priced at a bud number which could be decimalized to the tenths place

I've seen a few in the hundredths.

key decimals are just annoying. its like im sitting in math class again. key amount + ref amount is a way easier way to do it.

Except that is really only good for accurate pricing when the ref value of keys stays constant, which is doesn't.

I once sold an item I listed for 0.66 keys, except I couldn't list it like that anywhere, I had to list it as ref and keep updating the value of it over and over again as the ref price of keys changed. I even had in the notes for it that I was selling it for a consistent fractional key value and that a buyer could send an offer at the correct value if my price was outdated. Guess what happened, someone actually read those notes and sent an offer for the correct amount of metal when my key price was out of date.

Why key decimals aren't allow and automatically updated to the correct key/metal ratio is beyond me.

Archived