Circling Hearts Stormin' Norman 1 of 2

Gorilla Pimp

Hi there, I hope that someone on here can discuss the mater of My 1 of 2 Circling Hearts Stormin' Norman's price value that was recently changed today August, 20, 2015. The person who suggested to change the value of this particular hat claimed that the other person know on Steam as "Koga" sold his Circling Hearts Stormin' Norman for 35 keys but Koga never sold it, the hat is still in his backpack. Please help me with this. I traded around 70 keys in unusuals for this hat because bp.tf said it was worth around 67-72 keys at the time and now bp.tf prices it at 35 keys but this is not true. Thank you!

Gorilla Pimp's Circling Hearts Stormin' Norman: http://backpack.tf/item/2812786392

Trade occurred 17th of August.

Other party's backpack on 17th: http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198109167700?time=1439794800

Other party's backpack on 18th: http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198109167700?time=1439881200

You traded 1 unusual, Cloud 9 Ninja's Belt for his unusual, which is worth about 55-65 keys, around 58 keys, however, due to item overpay rule, 58 x 0.9 = 52.2 keys.

Price might have dropped to 35 keys, because someone saw that Koga was having trouble selling it.

I'd say that's valid proof to rise the price, but to the possibility of 52 keys.

B: I did my research but Koga only advertised his hat on Tf2 Outpost which is a website that I don't use so I never saw that he was selling it on there.

If you didn't look at the largest trading website available, then you obviously didn't actually do your research.

Oh wait, you're banned on OP. Still your fault.

The fact that the old price was 10 months old and almost as high as Sunbeams and Arcana should have told you that it was overpriced.

So what Hatrix? That doesn't mean much considering that I paid round 65 keys in unusuals. And thank you Mengh for the information. I just believe that I was done wrong in this situation. And I believe that they should raise the hat back to 70 keys since I actually got a 70 key unusual for my Cloud 9 Masters Yellowbelt. And as a side note I would like to say that I was offered around 92 keys in unusuals for the Norman about 2 nights ago in the Vatican City Unusual trade server, now given that I don't really have proof of this information it might be irrelevant but I was offered a clean Misty Skull Hot Dogger and a Sulfurous Soviet Gentleman valued around 92 keys in unusuals.  

If you didn't look at the largest trading website available, then you obviously didn't actually do your research.

Oh wait, you're banned on OP. Still your fault.

The fact that the old price was 10 months old and almost as high as Sunbeams and Arcana should have told you that it was overpriced.

Ok and they priced the Searing Stormin' Norman at 39 keys and theres 5 of them but the Hearts one for only 35 keys and theres only 2 of them!? And it never sold for 35 keys in the first place which is the main point i am trying to make! And yes its true I am banned on Tf2 Outpost, I have been for quite a while but that is completely irrelevant since its not due to scamming. 

Ok and they priced the Searing Stormin' Norman at 39 keys and theres 5 of them but the Hearts one for only 35 keys and theres only 2 of them!? And it never sold for 35 keys in the first place which is the main point i am trying to make! And yes its true I am banned on Tf2 Outpost, I have been for quite a while but that is completely irrelevant since its not due to scamming. 

Think of it this way: an item is listed for lower than its original price for 1 month. It is 1st gen, and a decent hat. But nobody wants to buy it. For a whole month. This means it's not even worth its original price, because if nobody bought/offered @ 35 they wouldn't at the original price in the first place.

You can't be upset at the guy who made the suggestion, all he did was update your unusual's price. It is certainly unfortunate, but the burden of research, as others have said, falls upon you. If anything, be upset towards yourself for not researching enough. Alternatively, if you really feel like you can't live with this price on a mere guideline website, make a counter-suggestion. Your sale could be considered an outlier, but you have nothing to lose by trying.

So what Hatrix? That doesn't mean much considering that I paid round 65 keys in unusuals. And thank you Mengh for the information. I just believe that I was done wrong in this situation. And I believe that they should raise the hat back to 70 keys since I actually got a 70 key unusual for my Cloud 9 Masters Yellowbelt. And as a side note I would like to say that I was offered around 92 keys in unusuals for the Norman about 2 nights ago in the Vatican City Unusual trade server, now given that I don't really have proof of this information it might be irrelevant but I was offered a clean Misty Skull Hot Dogger and a Sulfurous Soviet Gentleman valued around 92 keys in unusuals.  

I overpaid like fuck for my Hellfire Dapper because I wanted it. It's literally priced above Burning. Does that mean it's worth more than Burning? The Knifestorm Dapper is also priced over Burning. Does that mean Knifestorm is a higher effect than Burning?

Hell, the Sulphurous Tungsten Toque was like 60 keys above the Burning Tungsten Toque for the longest time.

PRICES ON BACKPACK.TF ARE NOT A BIBLE. THEY ARE A GUIDE REPORTING RECENT SALES.

I bought a Sulphurous Voodoo JuJu here recently for 16 keys pure. I sold it for 40 keys pure. Check the backpack.tf price. Probably still at 25. NEITHER ONE of those sales reflects the backpack.tf. Learn to do your research before buying unusuals instead of blindly trusting backpack.tf's prices.

I guess you can't read? It clearly states above that I am banned from outpost so I couldn't see the pricing therefor making my researching options limited. I accepted the trade after checking the history and seeing that it was 1 of 2 and not being sold anywhere else. 

Koga's hat has been unsold for over a month with a B/O of 35 keys. That's proof enough to lower the price.

IDGAF about the hat/suggestion but I thought actual sales were required for suggestions.

Unless a buddy-buddy's the one suggesting, that's how it works around here.

I guess you can't read? It clearly states above that I am banned from outpost so I couldn't see the pricing therefor making my researching options limited. I accepted the trade after checking the history and seeing that it was 1 of 2 and not being sold anywhere else

You don't know how right you are on that part, that's what bumped the price down.

IDGAF about the hat/suggestion but I thought actual sales were required for suggestions.

Unless a buddy-buddy's the one suggesting, that's how it works around here.

Example:

If hat is priced for, let's say 100 keys. It's 1 of 1. A year later, it comes back on the market, someone's selling for 30 keys. Nobody buys it for over two months. Very very clearly, it is not worth 100 keys. If it were, someone would buy it up to resell. Supply and demand. I can't price a hat at 100 keys if nobody is buying it at 100 keys, it's as simple as that.

Example:

If hat is priced for, let's say 100 keys. It's 1 of 1. A year later, it comes back on the market, someone's selling for 30 keys. Nobody buys it for over two months. Very very clearly, it is not worth 100 keys. If it were, someone would buy it up to resell. Supply and demand. I can't price a hat at 100 keys if nobody is buying it at 100 keys, it's as simple as that.

It won't be 30 unless someone buys it, right? Or should I lower it to 90 and wait for 1 more year holding the big price drop by slightly dropping the old price a little?

If you have a 100 key unusual and you sell it for 30 it doesn't mean the hat price is 30, it means you're a retard and retard sales are usually taken into consideration when it comes to pricing around here.

It won't be 30 unless someone buys it, right? Or should I lower it to 90 and wait for 1 more year holding the big price drop by slightly dropping the old price a little?

If you have a 100 key unusual and you sell it for 30 it doesn't mean the hat price is 30, it means you're a retard and retard sales are usually taken into consideration when it comes to pricing around here.

No, because prices change and every single sale has a completely unique situation surrounding it. Prices can fluctuate wildly just within months, especially after hype has settled down. Many 3rd gen hats were way, way over inflated when they first came around, and many have dropped significantly in price since then. Any good trader knows not to take bp prices at face value, for the exact reason that the system isn't perfect and often misses sales, context of sales are not considered, etc. 

If no one is buying even at very low prices, for a long time, that indicates that something is wrong with the current price. This doesn't necessarily mean the new price is right, but as I said, prices are seldom correct or show the whole picture.

Archived