How do you guys sell that one killstreak/strange-parted/special item that seems like no one wants to buy?

c0pper_Gear

I'm asking because I got this strange basic killstreak scatter gun with over 3 keys of parts for overpay, but no one has bought it off classifieds or outpost no matter what price I put it at. So... How do you guys sell that one almost unsellable item?

When selling: Killstreak =/= Strange-Part =/= Special item

Killstreak items can be easily sold on the SCM for bp.tf or around that ballpark, sometimes a lot more.

Strange-Parted items are a pain to sell, however, I'd say either just leave it on a bazaar.tf bot to worry about later or just quick sell it to a Scrap.tf strange bot.

In the case of a special item, e.g Craft numbers or glitched items, advertise on tf2outpost. If it's an item with a special craft number that is lower than 100, keep it for a while, but once you feel like get rid of it, auction it off.

I dont sell things, I just buy things.

Then why did you post.....

Bazaar auctions is really the only way to rid of shit items

People on bazaar are desperate to sell their crap. In auctions some people value parts at full price.

I've been there before.  I just recently sold a Strange Killstreak Splendid Screen.  Killstreaks suck to sell, but there's two things to remember: don't set the price very high, and have a ton of patience.  It will sell eventually.

You don't accept those special weapons in the first place.

If you do though, let that be the only time and take that as a lesson to not accept further overpays with killstreaks of strange parts unless you want to use those yourself.

You will take longer to sell the killstreak with strange parts instead of ignoring that weapon as overpay and waiting for other safer offers to accept.

Next time try to check the item that someone is paying you with so you are sure how much traffic it has in order to accept it or not.

As mentioned, bazaar auction but if you put it on the market at low price then trade.tf will highlight it as a deal by some percentage. Same for outpost. So auction is high bidder market while the other attracts people who want a bargain but may not want to wait.

Strange-Parted items are a pain to sell, however, I'd say either just leave it on a bazaar.tf bot to worry about later or just quick sell it to a Scrap.tf strange bot.

It would be better to sell the strange parted items for bp.tf price (the no-strange-parts price) than to sell to scrap.tf. Gets you better value. Scrap.tf values parts when selling to you, but not when buying from you.

Wow, the bazaar auction thing worked.

Had an item I've been trying to sell since March, slowly been discounting it from 3 keys to 2 keys. Put it up on auction with a B/O price of about 2.38 keys pure, sold it in 3 days. Like damn.

Archived