Community Sparkle Lugermorph

Medicinal Mushroomfusion

Just wondering why on backpack.tf my Community Sparkle Lugermorph was worth a lot. However, ever since I added Exorcism and a Professional Killstreak to it the value went from $1,080 to $22.89? Anybody know why? Is it because I have to wait till tradeable due to the 7 day wait by steam market?

post-18004-0-17104100-1439349369_thumb.jpg

I believe it might have something to do with how pro ks weps are priced now, just grabbing market value rather than adding the value.

Will they fix that glitch on backpack.tf? Also thank you for quick response Ð”ебра

you'd think there would be a little code snippet where if the value of the base item is more than the value of it with a killstreak (or if this value is unkown), it uses base value

but that would be logical.

and well... not much around here is logical

you'd think there would be a little code snippet where if the value of the base item is more than the value of it with a killstreak (or if this value is unkown), it uses base value

but that would be logical.

and well... not much around here is logical

While something like that does sound obvious and would deal with the more egregious pricing errors caused by killstreaks drawing from the market, it would still result in some more subtle mispricing to be overlooked, especially regarding unique weapons. The lowest priced unique versions of killstreak weapons are typically uncraftable, for the simple fact people usually want unique killstreaks for fabricators. So the market price is actually for uncrafts but is applied to craftable unique killstreaks which are typically valued higher.

Also works in reverse for rare uncrafts like the Vita-Saw, Sharpened Volcano Fragment, and Sun-on-a-Stick.

(I am fairly sure the 1 key valued uncraft Volcano Fragment is totally worth 1.08 keys when it is spec killstreak, yep, clearly nothing wrong there at all.)

Archived