What just happened?

A Modest Espeon

If that was recently you can easily win a dispute to the charge back .

Apparently Paypal has updated their tos and they now recognise virtual items, if the guy charged back multiple users crying about "i didnt know about it...etc" wont matter. For isolated cases it can be harder but definately not like how it used to be.

Imo if you're trading anything over 100+ in one go just use western union and pick up the cash before you trade.

Thing was he had much more rep than me so I went first and then he just never sent the money

Shows a lot how flawed the trust/rep system is, as anyone can become a scammer at any given point, regardless if they have a copious amount of reputation or not.

It has been like this for years, people can scam, get marked and switch to new accounts, then get fake rep and repeat. Nothing new here.

Well did not see this coming

Guess ill go submit a report to volvo to get me shit back

report him on steam for steam wallet scam.

he switched over to csgo trading, so he decided to scam right before since it has no impact later

and he's an asshole, but most people knew that

the weird thing is lounge cares a lot about scamming lol since when it has no impact =/

Polar, I was hoping to cash out someday, do you know where there's more information about the chargeback disputes in the case of virtual item trades like this? I'd be surprised if Paypal have a clear policy in place, so what tends to happen?

You don't. You can try to explain how it's for TF2 items showing screenshots but if they say their account is hijacked 99% of the time they will win.

no you cant

@fmca: If you don't quote my posts, I most likely will never read your post. 

Debra, I don't know why you are so confident with your claims about paypal disputes and spreading misinformation. As an admin on a site like bp.tf, I run into a lot of paypal scam cases. Before paypal changed their ToS to acknowledge virtual items a few months ago, I knew of only a single case in which they reversed the chargeback. Since they made the change I can think of at least three people who were able to reverse their chargeback cases. In every case, they had documented well their entire case AND multiple people had reported the same person. It may certainly be difficult but that doesn't mean it's impossible, and you certainly shouldn't discourage people from appealing.

Honestly if I ever cash out from tf2 trading I'll only sell a max of 15 keys a time then continue with another guy. So, if I get scammed it's not going to be for everything I have.

@fmca: If you don't quote my posts, I most likely will never read your post. 

Yeah soz I forgot. Anyway I guess I'll have to scrutinise their T&Ss again, I guess the relevant info is in there now.

no you cant

Bone officially won his dispute for the paypal chargeback so now kindly stfu about it being impossible spamming it everywhere when a user is trying to dispute and is already down about getting scammed.

Thanks bye.

Archived