Self-Injurious Behavior (trigger alert)

gone_

Self harm, self injury, self mutilation, etc. - Call it what you want. We all know the topic.

What is your opinion about it? Do you have friends or family members who are/were 'addicted' to it? If yes, what is current result?

I don't want you guys to put your own problems here, unless you really feel the urge to open a discussion about it or to seek for help from the bp.tf-troll-community. Your decision, I don't force anybody to anything.

"Trigger alert" for those who obviously don't want to be triggered by such threads.

Your talking about Masochism. There is a word for it you know.

I live in germany, you know. And like erryday german shit, our definition for it is "Selbstverletzendes Verhalten" which directly translates into "Self-Injurious Behavior".

It's Google approved, so that's it.

I'm not specific about any clarified disorders like masochism, just about the act (or process).

This hardly seems like an arguable issue.

Don't self harm, don't encourage self-harming, and if you've got a friend who self-harms, you gotta tell someone like a school health advisory.

I'm aware I sound like a Sonic Sez PSA, but that's really the gist of it.

I had a brief self-harming period around late 2013. I luckily got out of it without anyone needing to intervene. From my experience, self-harm is a side-effect of things like depression, not an entire disorder within itself. If you somehow manage to alleviate your depression, any urge to self-harm goes away.

When I'm very very very angry I have 3 solutions:

Hurt myself

Hurt someone else

Destroy everything around

Since I don't like cleaning up the mess after destroying all my stuff and since I don't want to hurt anyone else, I hurt myself. I don't do it to the point of serious injuries though, that's something I find insane myself.

i just hate people who flash their cut wrists for attention

I guess an argument can be made at this point. What makes you think it's for attention? Maybe they want help, or want to find a reason to stop.

Maybe a few do this, but I hate it when people assume the majority of something like this can be solely based on the actions of few.

If you're implying they do it for attention, read Mikusch's post. It's actually kind of logical

I guess an argument can be made at this point. What makes you think it's for attention? Maybe they want help, or want to find a reason to stop.

Maybe a few do this, but I hate it when people assume the majority of something like this can be solely based on the actions of few.

If you're implying they do it for attention, read Mikusch's post. It's actually kind of logical

Posting your cut-up wrists on Twitter and shit like that isn't looking for help, it's looking for attention. There are better ways to seek help, and if you really need the help you'll find it without social media outside of specific pages dedicated to things like that.

Off-topic: TRIGGER WARNING KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE

If you want pain relief, you go UP the vain, not across.

If people want to spend all of their money on Dora band-aids to put over their skin, then that's what they want. It's not good or healthy, but people do it because they can.

Off-topic: TRIGGER WARNING KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE

Don't ask me, a friend advised me to do so since some people react weird to certain stuff.

ay & u aint funy; now stop this bullshit.

Posted · Hidden by polar, August 9, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, August 9, 2015 - No reason given

Did you seriously put trigger warning in the title?

Is this like tumblr or something?  Did I stumble into tumblr from backpack.tf?  How did I get here?  I'm lost please send help.

Don't ask me, a friend advised me to do so since some people react weird to certain stuff.

ay & u aint funy; now stop this bullshit.

I'm not the one that cuts himself, what bullshit do I have to stop? You don't need to cater to feminazis who can't handle hearing common phrases because "That's exactly what my rapist told me". Just drop the trigger warnings and stupid shit like that. This is backpack.tf, not tumblr.

Posting your cut-up wrists on Twitter and shit like that isn't looking for help, it's looking for attention. There are better ways to seek help, and if you really need the help you'll find it without social media outside of specific pages dedicated to things like that.

He didn't say "flashing your wrists on social media" so I was assuming it was public to friends and whatnot

I'm not the one that cuts himself, what bullshit do I have to stop? You don't need to cater to feminazis who can't handle hearing common phrases because "That's exactly what my rapist told me". Just drop the trigger warnings and stupid shit like that. This is backpack.tf, not tumblr.

Read the rules of the subforum you're posting on before you go further with your irrational "it's known for this, not meant for that" logic

Just because it's a forum for users who play and trade in TF2 doesn't mean we can't have a civil conversation on real-world problems

Read the rules of the subforum you're posting on before you go further with your irrational "it's known for this, not meant for that" logic

I love the taste of infraction points.

Let's see if I can get you banned from this topic, if not even the whole forum section.

Your behaviour is egoisitc and unnecessary. You don't seem to be thinking about the issue as you don't admit that there are also men who self-harm.

Either remove yourself or you'll be removed.

The GB is a more appropriate place for you.

Let's see if I can get you banned from this topic, if not even the whole forum section.

Your behaviour is egoisitc and unnecessary. You don't seem to be thinking about the issue as you don't admit that there are also men who self-harm.

Either remove yourself or you'll be removed.

The GB is a more appropriate place for you.

I never said men don't self-harm, and I'm sharing my opinion just as you are. If you'd like to make a valid point towards that instead of making empty threats I'd like to hear it. I'm obviously not afraid of being warned, I've made that clear. 

I never said men don't self-harm, and I'm sharing my opinion just as you are. If you'd like to make a valid point towards that instead of making empty threats I'd like to hear it. I'm obviously not afraid of being warned, I've made that clear. 

feminazis, eh? Tumblr, the place for nostalgically lost girls?

As Python already stated: This place here is for serious discussion. You are rather disruptive than serious? Great, but leave the topic alone then.

People that self-harm should probably go the full way and kill themself.

Just kidding.

People that self-harm should probably go the full way and kill themself.

Just kidding.

giphy.gif

pls stop

It's a very, very, intellectual way for edgy teens to show how badass they are, by cutting their own wrists open, for no reason whatsoever.

When I'm very very very angry I have 3 solutions:

Hurt myself

Hurt someone else

Destroy everything around

Since I don't like cleaning up the mess after destroying all my stuff and since I don't want to hurt anyone else, I hurt myself. I don't do it to the point of serious injuries though, that's something I find insane myself.

I actually get exactly this situation a lot (I get very angry very easily); I tend to punch myself in the head with both fists so I can feel my skull. After that I calm down.

Anyway, on topic. I really don't understand it. You put yourself in severe pain then have to clean up all the blood. What's the point?

As a general summary:

If you do it because of depression, there are other ways of helping yourself which you should really be doing instead.

If you do it for attention, you deserve to die from bleeding out from your wrists.

As Python already stated: This place here is for serious discussion. You are rather disruptive than serious? Great, but leave the topic alone then.

i wouldnt call bp.tf forums a place for "serious discussion", if thats what you're looking for, you're probably the one in the wrong place.

i wouldnt call bp.tf forums a place for "serious discussion", if thats what you're looking for, you're probably the one in the wrong place.

> Comparing the GB with the forum which is dedicated for serious discussion

Not everybody here is a complete idiot.

Archived