Steam funds vs keys. How do you value them?

Sexiest Korean. Kappa!

Do you value an unusual worth 15 keys as..

15 * 2 = $30

or

15 * 2.5= 37.5?

Are there some guidelines in buying unusuals off of the scm?

buy discounted unusuals. dont buy keys off SCM. check histories before you buy unusuals. dont buy keys of SCM. 

how do you check the histories of the hats at scm?

buy discounted unusuals. dont buy keys off SCM. check histories before you buy unusuals. dont buy keys of SCM. 

I disagree with the later point. Buying keys off the SCM is never a bad thing, especially compared to many items. If you buy say, earbuds off the market, the 7 day wait could drastically change the open market value once it's tradeable. Keys are extremely stable, so if you need to wait a week to buy something other than a quickbuy of a strange or unusual, then keys are definitely the way to go. The biggest thing is to just be patient. Don't buy at the 2.46-2.51 level, just wait until they drop below 2.40 and then look for a deal. 

You cant check histories now, buy csgo keys and sell for tf2 ones, best way of doing it if you dont want to wait.

Also I value keys at $2,15ish when buying unusuals on scm.

Would I be expected to pay (Value in keys) * 2.5 * 1.15 for taxes? or what am I expected to pay?

Would I be expected to pay (Value in keys) * 2.5 * 1.15 for taxes? or what am I expected to pay?

X*(2.5/1.15)

X being value in keys.

Funds> keys because you have more versatility with the funds whereas the keys are mostly fixated on the field of team fortress 2.

PayPal you can get keys for 1.9

there should be a way to convert scm for paypal ;w; I came across some scm money hence, the question

Archived