What is/are your childhood game/s?

Happysedits

If by childhood, you mean around 5-6 years old, I mostly played Super Mario and some other old-school games on one of those cheap, crappy consoles. Other than that, I had some random games on my PC. The only game I distinctively remember are Feeding Frenzy and Insaniquarium. 

If by childhood, you also include a bit later (~10 years old), I played most of the Gameboy Pokemon games and a few DS ones (Pokemon Rangers and Blue: Rescue Team) on emulators. The only games I didn't play are the Gen 1 ones (seemed kinda redundant since I already had the later gens). Other than that, I had some other PC games like Call of Duty (the first one, I only played the campaign because no internet back then), GTA: Vice City and Plants VS Zombies.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Megadrive/genesis games like the sonic games, jungle book, the lion king, fifa games, streetfighter 2, streets of rage, castle of illusion, toejam and earl, aladdin, castlevania bloodlines,etc.

Then on playstation 1/2; crash bandicoot, spyro games, tomb raider 2, abe's oddysee, worms, tekken, silent hill 2, prince of persia games, jak and daxter, ratchet and clank, etc

For some reason this discussion makes me feel old. I'm almost 22 and all yall are listing n64 and gamecube era. I beat all my snes games except megaman x before the n64 was even out. Of course growning up with the snes meant my platformer skills are at the extreme, and I find joy in one of the hardest games ever, Wings of Vi. Here's a little bit for you guys. This is less than half way through the game.

Smash 64 and Melee (N64 and GC)

oh and also Donkey Kong Country 1 for the gameboy color

^^^ DKC1 + Smash <3

pokemon emerald (this shit taught me to read and spell)

mario kart

mario party

halo/halo3

Call of Duty 2: The Big Red one

pokemon colliseum

pokemon Gale XD

Legend of Zelda: OOT / Majora's Mask

If by childhood, you mean around 5-6 years old, I mostly played Super Mario and some other old-school games on one of those cheap, crappy consoles. Other than that, I had some random games on my PC. The only game I distinctively remember are Feeding Frenzy and Insaniquarium. 

If by childhood, you also include a bit later (~10 years old), I played most of the Gameboy Pokemon games and a few DS ones (Pokemon Rangers and Blue: Rescue Team) on emulators. The only games I didn't play are the Gen 1 ones (seemed kinda redundant since I already had the later gens). Other than that, I had some other PC games like Call of Duty (the first one, I only played the campaign because no internet back then), GTA: Vice City and Plants VS Zombies.

im kinda young, so childhood games are 6-7 for me :D

It's hard for me to believe that there are people in this thread young enough that minecraft is a childhood game. Maybe I'm just becoming an old fart.

Anyways, like half the thread, pokemon pearl, and also a whole bunch of online Lego games that I've replayed recently and still think are superb.

These are:

Junkbot, a lego-based puzzle game kind of like Lemmings,

Spybot: The Nightfall Incident, a surprisingly deep cyberpunk grid-based strategy game that had almost no connection to lego,

and Mata Nui Online Game, a point and click adventure set in the Bionicle universe, which had just been introduced when this game was made.

If you have time, try them out, they're well worth your time.

Super smash bro's, me and my friends use to play for hours non stop, all 3 of the games

and my personal fav, SUPER MARIO SHINESUN <333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Best Mario game everrrr <33333

• Administrators

It's hard for me to believe that there are people in this thread young enough that minecraft is a childhood game. Maybe I'm just becoming an old fart.

The alpha came out in 2009 so if there are a lot of 15-16 year olds here (which there are) then they'd have still been 10-11 year old kids at the time.

Kinda weird to think about though, lol. My childhood games are mostly from the 90s. Probably played games that came out before some forumers were born. :3

Commander Keen

Midtown Madness

Robot Wars

Chris Sawyer's Locomotion

Civ 3/4

NFS Road Challenge

Games I would play frequently as a child & relatively young.

Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire (I bought a 40$ GC 'Pokemon Channel' game just so I could get Jirachi back then, wish I knew about game sharks)

Pokemon Stadium

Super Mario 64

Golden Eye

Mario Kart

Pokemon Colosseum

Pokemon: XD

Super Mario World

Super Mario 1 + 2 + 3

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

Smash Melee

Smash 64

Donkey Kong Country

Donkey Kong 64

Banjo Kazooie

Mario Party 2-3

♥♥♥♥♥♥Paper Mario ♥♥♥♥♥♥ (best part)

Super Mario Sunshine

Super Mario Allstars

Mariokart DoubleDash

Metriod Prime

Super Metriod

Marvel VS Capcom 2

Alex Kidd

Kinda weird to think about though, lol. My childhood games are mostly from the 90s. Probably played games that came out before some forumers were born. :3

It is a weird thought. I occasionally catch myself looking at some of my younger coworkers and thinking "I have pokemon older than you."

It is a weird thought. I occasionally catch myself looking at some of my younger coworkers and thinking "I have pokemon older than you."

I have a gentle nature charizard that hit level 100 in leaf green before pearl was even out.

I wonder where he is right now...

Kirby's Dreamland

Tetris

Super Mario Land

Old-School Gameboy represent

On the PC, there were the old Lego Star Wars games, and on Gameboy Advance, Warioland, Super Mario World, and a bunch of other old ones I can't remember.

Good times. I didn't even know consoles existed back then. How things have changed lol.

I played a lot of games when i was a child, but i definitely think these ones are the ones i cherish the most:

Golden Sun

TLOZ: Minish Cap

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

Megaman Zero 3

Chrono Trigger

Lufia II

Pokemon Emerald

Pokemon Emerald, Super Mario Bros, Pokemon LeafGreen.

Thing was that no one in my class ever thought Pokemon was cool but in my opinion, I knew it was ;^)

first midnight club

gran turismo 3

nicktoons racing

tony hawk's pro skating 3

super mario 64

Mario Party DS

Super Mario 64 DS

Mario Kart DS

Pokemon Platinum

Final Fantasy III

Yeah, I used to play a lot of RPG/Mario games on DS <3

I'm feeling old. It sounds like I have pokemon older than some of these guys. 

If any of you were born after 2003, I have a rayquaza from pokemon sapphire older than you. I listed snes games, and I keep seeing ds and gamecube era being posted.

Hmmm.....

I remember playing pokemon Gold and Silver with my uncle.

Then I forgot to save the game, so we started back from where we started, which was at Whitney.......X(

Archived